All reviews social hour hot tub other resorts nice guys clothing optional resort men's resort gay male meet other guests low key continental breakfast is full kitchen yogurt happy hour stay in palm springs nice pool close to downtown property
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Escape, and my husband and I were impressed! We selected Escape because we wanted a relaxing, clothing optional resort that didn't have a party-party atmosphere. The grounds were immaculate and well landscaped and felt like a world away. The pool deck had plenty of comfortable lounge furniture (including brand new rafts) and even misters on a timed switch The 6PM reception was a great chance to connect with other guests and kick off your evening in Palm Springs.

Our room was very clean, with daily housekeeping service spot on. The bathroom was recently renovated and was spotless. Having a small kitchenette and outdoor patio with furniture was the icing on the cake.

The complimentary continental breakfast served in the lobby had a nice selection and gave us all we needed to kick off our daily adventures. Service from the owners, Greg & Mark (along with their team), was warm and genuine.

The location was extremely close to the downtown strip and a few of the gay bars - accessible via rental car, a short Uber ride or the Buz bus that had a stop nearby. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thanks guys, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The great thing about this place it is cozy, secure, and private. The guys who run it are terrific.. very kind and cheerful. From every room you can step out on the pool, so you can just go back and forth from the pool to your room as you wish. The rooms were very nice and had everything you needed. The nights I stayed there had 6pm social hour, so that was fun. Most of the time I just enjoyed being quiet and swam in the pool or bathed in the sun. Located close enough to downtown to use Lyft for a few bucks to get you to dinner or drinks.

Room Tip: Two size rooms, king and superior king. I think there are also a few with two queens.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thanks for the very kind review, we appreciate it! Just a FYI for other readers, not only is Lyft a great option, but the free BUZZ! Bus shuttle picks up a block away too. (We are only 1 mile from the center of downtown and the center of the gay bars.)

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I've stayed in a few resorts in the springs. I really like the area around Escape. The pool was really clean, everything in the room and around the grounds worked. I can tell the owners care for the property. We didn't get to attend social hour, but that also looked fun when we walked by.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are close to the pool There wasn't a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank michael d
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Shared the buddy room with a good friend. Was impressed by the space of the room and the full kitchen. The ground were amazing and more than expected. The owners were some of the nicest guys I've ever met. They were amazing and so helpful as this was my first trip to Palm Springs. Highly recommend The Escape for anyone going to Palm Springs for some laid back R&R. Their pool & hot tub area is beautiful and amazing. Spent several days just floating in the cool water surrounded by towering palms swaying in the breeze. Definitely will return. Escape easily exceeded my expectations and set a high standard for other resorts in Palm Springs. That's if I ever stay somewhere other than Escape when I'm in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

We are so happy we were a part of your first trip to Palm Springs and that you love it as much as we do! Thank you for all of the nice compliments, we are so happy to hear you will be returning too!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

After another visit here during late April/Early May 2017, there is little I can add to my previous reviews. Escape continues to excel under the direction of Mark and Greg, the owners. Bright airy rooms with a very comfortable bed, clean bathrooms with showers; Nice large flat-screen TV with cable. Clean, swimming pool and refreshing hot tub.
The staff continues to keep the place clean, comfortable and enjoyable. Even Willian is back part-time! A new entrance and lobby is nearly finished, and looks great, just some additional landscaping to finish off the new gateway. One improvement I noticed immediately is the excellent WiFi reception. In my room (#16) it was as good as at home on cable. Be sure to stick around for Friday and Saturday evening Happy Hours when you can mingle with the other guests over refreshments and snacks!
I'll be back in October.

Room Tip: As close to the pool as possible. great views and plenty of sun.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Thanks for your very kind review. We are very excited about our new lobby & breakfast area too as we continue to make improvements every year. We hope to see you again soon!