1,736 results
All reviews community kitchen pink champagne guest kitchen shared kitchen hot tub dvd library free snacks tour of the property fresh fruit fire pit home away from home full kitchen humming birds other guests small hotel thought of everything little extras
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Had to plan a trip to Palm Springs for a weekend wedding. I wasn't impressed with the hotels chosen by the couple getting married, but when I searched Trip Advisor and saw the reviews for Hotel California, I knew it was exactly the type of hotel I love.
When I arrived, Maria offered me a glass of white wine - so off to the perfect start. My adult son was also attending the wedding and he was upgraded to the townhouse which was perfect since he work to do and there was a little desk nook for his computer.
My room was very spacious and I was really happy it had an ironing board and iron - I had to touch up my outfit for the rehearsal dinner.
The hotel is very quiet, the beds are comfortable and it was also nice to have the treats and beverages at no extra charge.
We wanted to go for brunch on Saturday and Maria recommended Elmer's which was walking distance from the hotel. That place was amazing - best omelet I have ever had and super friendly service.
I had to leave on Sunday morning which happened to be Mother's Day. When I went to the community breakfast area, I found pink champagne on ice as well as some very delicious looking bakery goods.
Betty was at the front desk and was kind enough to call me a cab to take me to the airport. Unfortunately, not only can you check out, but you can also leave. I would have gladly stayed.
I will certainly be back, next time for a more extended stay.
Thanks Maria and Betty, it was a pleasure to meet you both. You are the best!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet. There is no street noise and they don't accept families with children, so the pool is also very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dcarata22
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Loved my stay at the Hotel California! Checked in with the manager and was super fast and easy. She upgraded me to a suite which was awesome! She was very helpful and very welcoming! She even hands frozen bottled waters out to the hotel guests at the pool. Room was great and super quiet. Will definitely stay here again!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2018

What a discovery!
I was looking for a place to stay in Palm Springs for a night or two before heading to the coast. Ended up extending my stay and abandoning my coastal plans.

I have some doubts before I’ve booked it as I always stay in big hotels - finally decided I’ll trust trip advisor ratings. Not disappointed.

This is small (14 rooms or less) but fantastic place to stay. Tasty clean rooms, quiet air conditioning, live music at the swimming pool (small, but really deep, opened 24/7, good enough for number of guests, never gets crowded) candles every evening, beautiful garden and rare animals (Hummingbirds!).

Service .. this is a separate story. I came from Bellagio in Las Vegas. It supposed to be 5* hotel. Only from the outside. Rooms are nice and bigs, but your experience starts with 30-50 minutes check-in time waiting in the long line of other clients... In my Bellagio room lights were not working. I have called them and had to wait more than 5mins to get somebody answer the phone! In Hotel California you have personalized checking experience with wine and cold beer waiting for you.
Bellagio service I would evaluate on 3+ level. Hotel California Hotel service is 6*!!!

Finally Maria - our host. I cannot say enough good words about her hospitality, openness and friendliness. She helps us to find a good restaurant, recommended places to go, help with any need we had.

If you want to stay away from the crowd, relax and have a really good time - don’t look anymore. Book now :)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife and I loved Hotel California. Beautiful room and grounds, and super courteous and professional staff. The bicycles for use were a huge plus. Would stay there again without hesitation. 5-stars all the way.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Hotel California during a three day in the Palm Springs/Idyllwild area. Immediately upon our arrival, we were greeted by Maria, who took a personal interest in making sure we were comfortable. We were also greeted by Mike, a guest host, who helped us with our large quantity of luggage. The room, which was actually a double suite could not have been more comfortable. In fact, our suite even had two full bathrooms! The courtyard area of the hotel has a beautiful pool, which my daughter decided to try late at night. Bottom line, if we are in the Palm Springs area again, we will definitely be staying here. Highly, highly recommended!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family