“Birthday Staycation”

The Saguaro Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 26 November 2017

For my birthday in October I decided to take a staycation with my girlfriend instead of going out of town. The Saguaro was the perfect place to relax and unwind. My suite overlooked the pool, the suite was spacious with all the necessary amenities and much more. For my birthday get together my friends met us in El Jefe Tequila Bar located off the lobby for a fun celebration. During our stay we chilled by the pool, dined on the outside patio at the newly renovated Rocco’s Electric restaurant where Mark our server was the best. Thanks to the Matt, the General Manager and congrats to your entire staff for a memorable stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool or mountains
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so glad that you and your friends were able to celebrate your Birthday with us! Happy-Birthday by the way!!!
Come back and see us again soon, thanks again!

Adam Ramirez | Guest Experience Manager
(760)323-1711

Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I checked in during a weekend this month where there was a big pool party. I could hear it from my room. The room was shabby and when I checked the mattress for bed bugs (something standard I do) I found a dark stain. I left. I don't think this hotel is as nice as the promo photos.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hey Liz,

I see that you were met with some less than favorable experiences during your recent stay. Our pool party season has ended and the time for relaxation has begun. I'd like to invite you back for a complimentary 1 (one) night stay. I hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with a true Saguaro experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed here several times for a quick get away and come to lounge at the pool and have cocktails and get a tan. They did a great job of renovating it from what it was before years ago back in the 80’s. We don’t come to the pool parties but might someday. The room we had was a suite, it had a separate living room, and a small patio.
Service: 5
Ambiance: 5
Location: 5
Amenities: 5
Food: ( didn’t dine here yet )
Spa: haven’t used it yet
Parking: 5
Cleanliness: 4 ( lobby bathrooms need some tic )
Room: 5
Price: $$$
Definitely a great place for a getaway with friends, girlfriend trips to hang out at the pool, it’s not a romantic type of place, its very Palm Springs and trendy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilene_mao
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hey, lene_mao!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Be sure to come visit us and experience our spa sometime soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Saguaro this year. While the hotel is in a good location, has a friendly staff, plenty of parking and is basically clean, it has a lot of problems that are simple to fix.

Our handicapped accessible room (one member of my party was in a wheelchair) wasn’t well thought out. First, there are no shelves or towel bars in the bathroom, so the maids draped the towels on the handicapped rails around the toilet (a little gross, but except the toilet and tub there was nothing else in the room).

The sink was located in the bedroom, and the faucet was loose. The air conditioning didn’t work (it was November, so we simply opened the sliding glass door), and the indoor unit look as if it needed a good cleaning.

All that said, the rooms were quite clean and the beds very comfortable.

Would I return.... maybe. The Saguaro has a great pool area, easy access to The Buzz (The free tourist trolly) and is clean and safe. It would really be a great place if some of the details above were not an issue.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello, East-mt

Thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review. Constructive feedback like this is what allows us here-at the, Saguaro Palm Springs to create memorable experiences for future guests and yourself alike. I'd like to invite you to further discuss the details of your recent stay. We place our guests comments with a high level of importance. I will be sure to communicate your comments and suggestions throughout the property. In the event you wish to return, I'd like to extend complementary accommodations. Please contact me to further discuss the details.

Thank you for both your time and business,

Adam Ramirez | Guest Experience Manager
aramirez@thesaguaro.com
(760)323-1711

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Reviews made me nervous, so my expectations were relatively low. There was no reason, I loved the hotel our room was well appointed clean. Don't know what the wear and tear comments come from. The decor is over the top kitschy, they own it and it adds to the experience. Those looking for a quiet stay book during the week otherwise expect a party at the pool. Again a little research goes a long way. Had breakfast at the hotel good service, the food was delicious. Service at checkin and check out was great. Late check out was available at a reasonable price. Overall a recommend with the caveat that your looking for a lively pool on the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanSunSeeker
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hey, CanSunSeeker

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so glad you folks were able to experience all that the wonderful Saguaro Palm Springs has to offer. Hope to you again real soon!