1,331 results
All reviews el jefe bright colors tequila bar purple carpet colorful hotel pool area pool party tacos ping pong table fun hotel free shuttle younger crowd third floor fitness center large pool mini fridge mid week
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I checked in during a weekend this month where there was a big pool party. I could hear it from my room. The room was shabby and when I checked the mattress for bed bugs (something standard I do) I found a dark stain. I left. I don't think this hotel is as nice as the promo photos.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hey Liz,

I see that you were met with some less than favorable experiences during your recent stay. Our pool party season has ended and the time for relaxation has begun. I'd like to invite you back for a complimentary 1 (one) night stay. I hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with a true Saguaro experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed here several times for a quick get away and come to lounge at the pool and have cocktails and get a tan. They did a great job of renovating it from what it was before years ago back in the 80’s. We don’t come to the pool parties but might someday. The room we had was a suite, it had a separate living room, and a small patio.
Service: 5
Ambiance: 5
Location: 5
Amenities: 5
Food: ( didn’t dine here yet )
Spa: haven’t used it yet
Parking: 5
Cleanliness: 4 ( lobby bathrooms need some tic )
Room: 5
Price: $$$
Definitely a great place for a getaway with friends, girlfriend trips to hang out at the pool, it’s not a romantic type of place, its very Palm Springs and trendy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilene_mao
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hey, lene_mao!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Be sure to come visit us and experience our spa sometime soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Saguaro this year. While the hotel is in a good location, has a friendly staff, plenty of parking and is basically clean, it has a lot of problems that are simple to fix.

Our handicapped accessible room (one member of my party was in a wheelchair) wasn’t well thought out. First, there are no shelves or towel bars in the bathroom, so the maids draped the towels on the handicapped rails around the toilet (a little gross, but except the toilet and tub there was nothing else in the room).

The sink was located in the bedroom, and the faucet was loose. The air conditioning didn’t work (it was November, so we simply opened the sliding glass door), and the indoor unit look as if it needed a good cleaning.

All that said, the rooms were quite clean and the beds very comfortable.

Would I return.... maybe. The Saguaro has a great pool area, easy access to The Buzz (The free tourist trolly) and is clean and safe. It would really be a great place if some of the details above were not an issue.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello, East-mt

Thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review. Constructive feedback like this is what allows us here-at the, Saguaro Palm Springs to create memorable experiences for future guests and yourself alike. I'd like to invite you to further discuss the details of your recent stay. We place our guests comments with a high level of importance. I will be sure to communicate your comments and suggestions throughout the property. In the event you wish to return, I'd like to extend complementary accommodations. Please contact me to further discuss the details.

Thank you for both your time and business,

Adam Ramirez | Guest Experience Manager
aramirez@thesaguaro.com
(760)323-1711

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Reviews made me nervous, so my expectations were relatively low. There was no reason, I loved the hotel our room was well appointed clean. Don't know what the wear and tear comments come from. The decor is over the top kitschy, they own it and it adds to the experience. Those looking for a quiet stay book during the week otherwise expect a party at the pool. Again a little research goes a long way. Had breakfast at the hotel good service, the food was delicious. Service at checkin and check out was great. Late check out was available at a reasonable price. Overall a recommend with the caveat that your looking for a lively pool on the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanSunSeeker
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hey, CanSunSeeker

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so glad you folks were able to experience all that the wonderful Saguaro Palm Springs has to offer. Hope to you again real soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I wish I could give this hotel a better review because from the pictures and the online marketing they are doing, it appears to be on point. Props to your marketing team, seriously, your marketing team is good! I've been in marketing for a very long time and even this impressed me.

Why can't I give a better review? Because when we arrived, the room had no hand towels or soap. We called to ask for some and had to call twice, once upon arrival and again after a day a the pool. None were brought to the room. So we had to go to the front desk to ask. They finally brought some in. Next, we discovered our safe was not working. That took 2 phone calls and a trip to the front desk as well. Next day, the bathroom light went out. So we called (twice again and a trip to the front desk) to have it fixed. The outcome? You have to hit the side of it to make it work. C'mon... Every day and night that we walked out from our room to the exit door that goes right to the pool, the overwhelming smell of pot was over the top. We're no prudes but it was odd. There was a party next door to our room until 1am, loud EDM music that seemed like it would have been shut down without us having to call with all the security that was around but no. The restaurant staff was so confused on slow breakfasts that we had other dishes brought to us each time at least 4 times. Each time. So strange. The fire alarm went off one day for over an hour. The security staff stood by the pool for the entire time doing nothing about it nor did they talk to the guests to to us what was going on. Ceilings in the rooms had tons of cobwebs. While we realize it was an older property, it was not well maintained at all. Very dirty and pool furniture was falling apart.

The positive? Maxie and Chelsea, the pool staff...were absolutely LOVELY! They made our time there very enjoyable and we loved them. The manager onsite when we left, he was wonderful and accommodating and appeared to deal with the issues among his staff.

The real negative? The girl at the front desk in the morning of 10/29 was rude. She told us that had we kept track of who we talked to each time about our issues, she could have done something about it. So basically, you want us to keep a call log and a diary of each person we dealt with? I don't think so. She also told me that it was up to me to talk to housekeeping to let them know she extended our stay for a few hours. No, again, not my job as a paying customer on vacation. Sadly, we won't be back, this hotel is cute but extremely overpriced for what you get. It's dirty but El Jefe was super cute and our bartender was really nice and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank susieberesford
Adam R, Guest Relations Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hello, Susieberesford

I see that you folks were met with less than favorable experiences during your recent stay. I'd like to start by extending my deepest apologies. When it comes to our guests experience, we take all matters rather seriously. It is my sole responsibility here with, The Saguaro Palm Springs, to ensure that guests like yourself leave here with lasting memories. I want you to know that we will take every possible measure to ensure that your comments transpire into positive experiences for future guests and yourself alike. The level of service you were met with at the desk is absolutely unacceptable. These issues will be addressed promptly, I have taken the liberty of sharing your review with all of my staff. From the restaurants to our housekeeping team. Reviews like this should never come our way, however in the event we come across a guest in this situation we take swift action as to ensure continuity in our product.

You are a vital portion to our service here on property, your comments and suggestions allow us to visualize these issues from the guest perspective. I'd like to invite you to contact me directly to further discuss the frustrations of your recent visit. The details you mentioned above are in no way a reflection of our resorts standard practices. We certainly have some adjustments to be made. In fact, if you folks would be so kind as to contact me directly I'd love to better understand the details of your frustrations. In the hopes that we can provide you with excellent service. Provided you are willing, we'd like to extend a complementary 2 night stay, with the impression that you folks will be able to see that your comments play a major roll in our success. My contact info is listed bellow, I look forward to hearing from you.

Adam Ramirez | Guest Experience Manager