“Third visit”

Cork Tree California Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork Tree California Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 293 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Street
Description: Updated Al La Carte menu & wine list located @ www.thecorktree.com Live music Sunday- Thursday Sunday- Michael Keethe Monday- John Stanley King Tuesday- Michael Keethe Wednesday- Jack Ruvio Thursday- Michael Keethe
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Still very good. Nice atmosphere. Good wine list. As with most restaurants, amazing appetizers but some dinners were just ok. Salmon promised to be cooked a little under but ended up being a little over cooked. Duck was over cooked but the shank and sea bass were perfect! Will definitely return though.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had a party of 10 for a birthday dinner. Reserved the Chef’s Table, in a private quiet alcove, which accommodates 8-10 diners.

Entire staff is warm and welcoming. Our server Erin was particularly friendly and knowledgeable. She had a real passion for food, and made our occasion extra special. Among dishes that were outstanding are escargot en croute (unique must try appetizer), duck breast (smoky nuance from the grill), sautéed sea bass (Asian influenced), and 36 hour pork shank (ultra tender and succulent). Dessert was graciously comped, a sinful chocolate cake, and a small trio of crime brûlées.

Excellent wine list, though mark ups were high. Plenty of free parking.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Recommended by our concierge, we gave Cork Tree a try. With inside and outside seating, and a full bar, it has a lot of room to choose from. The menu was interesting, and it had a good wine list. Our server ("Whitney) was very pleasant and attentive. The only down side, for me anyway, is having the bar - with its TVs on - right in the dining room. It detracts from an otherwise more "upscale" experience.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We are first timers! Excellent food and service. My husband and I shared the scallops, prepared with a sweet corn risotto, and the lamb shanks with a lovely mushroom risotto. The 4 scallops were jumbo and perfectly prepared. Lamb was juicy and delicious. Our server Janet was amazing. She helped pick my wine and was attentive. It was our anniversary and she brought us a surprise treat. A lovely chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. This restaurant is romantic and perfect for any occasion, be it a date, Birthday or Anniversary. It has a lovely, warm, cozy ambiance. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. The outside patio had live music, quiet and unobtrusive. The artist was talented and had a beautiful soulful voice reminiscent of Michael Bolton. You could have a quiet conversation and the music laid perfect in the background. This is now going to be on our list of favorite restaurants.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited on a Tuesday night. The ahi appetizer was good. I would not recommend the kale salad. My husband had the pork shank and it was phenomenal. The filet I ordered was prepared well. Shannon our waitress was great. The downside was that the food was extremely slow to come out. I thought the appetizers took a while but that turned out to be no time when compared to the entrees. The restaurant had quite a few open tables so the slow service could not be attributed to being busy. I would not return but my husband would just for the pork shank.