2,543 results
All reviews rockwood grill lobby bar self parking sushi bar golf course boat ride palm springs exotic birds pink flamingos fisherman's landing business conference beautiful grounds desert springs bit dated mini golf pool area fitness center
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I visited this hotel for a business meeting. The hotel was great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby/bar had some great drinks and good food. The wait staff were excellent and very attentive to the patrons. The meeting facilities were top notch too. The pool area is great and they have several restaurants right there at the hotel. The golf course is right across the street and is in great condition. Beautiful views of the golf course, swimming area, and the mountains from the rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2015

This place is amazing! Service from the door is superb! Greetings everywhere... Smiling faces all-around... Made me feel like royalty! Parking can be a bit pricey. (Extra $27/nt) Other than that, the pool area has something good, bad, and interesting to look at. The bars are PLENTY throughout the resort. I didn't get to experience the Spa, but it does seem nice. It's co-located with the Gym facility, which seemed more than sufficient. There are plenty of excellent 'Selfie' spots (literally spots on the grounds called "Selfie spot"). I loved the food served. The boat ride added a nice touch to an already great weekend. Glad we did it! Oh, and Costas, the nite club, was Energizing and JAMMIN' all night long!!! Had a blast!

Reviewed 24 June 2015

What a beautiful hotel! Our room was lovely and although we didn't have a view of the pool and gardens, our view at the front of the hotel overlooked the ponds with the flamingos. There were great restaurants in walking distance of the hotel as well as great restaurants on site. The dinner time staff in the Rockwood Grill were some of the friendliest and most attentive and eating on the terrace overlooking the lagoon at sunset with the swans was delightful to say nothing about the delicious food.

Room tip: Rooms on the front side tend to hear police and ambulance sirens on the way to a local hospital.
Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 24 June 2015

The JW Marriot Desert Spring exceeded my expectations! I am not usually one to write reviews, however I want everyone to know what an amazing resort this is.

From the moment that we arrived to the moment we left we received exception customer service from every single person who works at the hotel. Is is so nice to be in an environment where everyone is so happy and goes above and beyond to make our stay as good as it was.

The food at the restaurants were absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend Mikado, and when you go request Mike! Mike was so entertaining, he had us laughing the entire night! Also the prime rib and king crab buffet at the Rockwood Grill on the weekends is a must! All you can eat prime rib, king crab legs, plenty of sides and 40 desserts to choose from. I guarantee you won't leave hungry or disappointed!

We spent most of our afternoons in the pool staying nice and cool. There were always pool towel around and easy to access (no towel cards or trading towels in needed). There were also plenty of lemon water stations set up around the pool to stay hydrated. It was never hard to find chairs by the pool (however we were not there during peak season) and plenty of umbrellas. The staff serving the pool from the Oasis bar were so nice and always were around checking if there was anything else we needed. To my surprise even the food by the pool was delicious!

The spa was amazing, everyone was so friendly, My husband loved the golfing. I'm not sure the name of the course but he highly recommends the course that's along the front of the hotel. I road with him one morning and the views were breathtaking!

Thank you to every single person who works at the JW Marriott, Your service was outstanding. Thank you for going above and beyond to make our stay so amazing! As a side note, I work in Sales at a hotel and I have never experience the level of service we received. You should all be very proud!

Room tip: You'll have amazing views of the mountains from any room.
Reviewed 24 June 2015

Do you remember when staying at a hotel was an experience in its self? Well, JW Desert Springs have definitely kept that experience alive. Even when so many hotel and resorts have cut back on service and amenities this resort continues to provide exemplary service.

From the moment you drive the palm tree lined entrance and see the bright pink flamingos in the lakes to the large valet entrance with a fiery art decoration. Talk about a grand first impression as you walk into the large open lobby, with lounge, sushi bar, lake with electric boats, fountain waterfalls and live macaws! Not to mention the amount of staff that is ready to greet you and offer assistance.

The grounds are beautifully maintained. The rooms were wonderful, we were given a room with a lake and main pool view. The balcony has two chairs and a little table to sit and enjoy your drinks. The views are amazing, you have the golf course, palm trees and mountains in the distance. Staff is incredibly friendly and have great customer service skills.

The bathroom had both a shower and a bath tub. Luxury brand lotions, shampoo and conditioners, including mouthwash and even q-tips and cotton balls AND bathrobes! (I can't remember the last time I saw these in a hotel room) I can't wait to return!

Room tip: rooms with lake view are amazing.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family