“Worth the wait!!! Palm Desert must see!!!”
Review of Sherman's Deli

Sherman's Deli
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We went to Sherman's for a late lunch thinking it wouldn't be that busy but were wrong. We arrived about 1:30pm and waited about 30 minutes for a table which every second of was worth for the delicious food they have. While sitting there you face their dessert coolers that are filled with the most amazing treats! I am a health eater and I'm not sure that I could finish a slice of any of their pies/cakes on an empty stomach let alone after a meal. Once seated our server took and returned our drink orders promptly. You get a tray of pickles and sauerkraut as their "breadbasket". I would say the sauerkraut was the best I've had in my life. I had the grilled Ruben with pastrami for my meal and it was heavenly. The fries were on the blank side; a waffle cut potato I think would go better with the sandwich. One of my party had the cob salad which the server was very accommodating to make to order. The salad was so large that half of it came home with us. Another had the egg salad sandwich that they enjoyed as well. Overall the service and the food was marvelous! I would eat here once a week if I could trying a different item from the menu each time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

So many choices for dining here - food is great and staff is friendly. On site bakery that has your mouth watering!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Usually worth the wait, great beef/cabbage soup and cirn beef and/or pastrami sandwiches. Fast and attentive service. Try the cartot cake

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This has to be the finest Deli west of the Mississippi. The lineups tell you all you really need to know, the people in line know something good is inside ! We had a Pastrami sandwich that was as thick as 3 decks of cards one top of the other, the meat was lean with just a hint of fat. The bread was fresh and the pickle on top was the best.
Pricing was reasonable for the quality we received, if you go go early or a bit late to beat the rush.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Had to have a Pastrami sandwich. Traveled to Palm Springs for lunch. Pastrami on Kaiser with spicy mustard and Dill pickle.
Hard to beat, recommend.