“Don't miss out on this place”
Review of El Toro Loco

El Toro Loco
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Good Peruvian food at decent prices is hard to come by, but this place did not disappoint. Although it doesn't look like much from the outside, this place is a must visit.

The food was fantastic - some of the best Peruvian I have had in the Bay Area. The service was quick and the gentlemen who took our order was friendly. We ordered the yuca frita as an appetizer which was cooked perfectly and the dipping sauce on the side is one of my favorite parts of the meal.

Next up, we had the lomo saltado and bistek a lo pobre which came in large portions for those with a big appetite. The food reminded me of home cooked meals of my youth and without the frills of fancier Peruvian you'll find in nearby SF.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. I always get the Peruvian food. Great flavor! I had the most delicious salad yesterday - quinoa, avocado, tomato, lettuce, etc with delicious lime dressing. The ambiance is very, very casual. TV is always on, smells like they wipe down with cleaning fluid of some sort, but again...that food. I see it is open as I'm writing and I may need to go for lunch in a few minutes!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

That's not to say the place is not nice, it is a sit-down-and-eat place to me [unless you have to wait for table]. Fish taco was great, same for veg taco. Saltado de Maricso was very good with bits of fish, shrimp, octopus, calamari, and in-shell clam and mussels. Great variety and taste. A bit soggy on the potatoes, but very good.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I love this restaurant. It's a little hole-in-the wall place that is often on Groupon. The restaurant is nothing fancy, is usually fairly full -a great sign -and often a bit too loud. Sometimes they have live music. It's, frankly, so-so, and too loud if you're near the two players. But the staff is nice, helpful and the food always great. This is a staple.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We tried to come to this restaurant a few times ~ but it is a small place and there are televisions everywhere. The food is OK ~ and they are moving locations so it might end up better. We ate there once and I think that will probably be the last time.