“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of El Toro Loco

El Toro Loco
Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2017

On our way to Half Moon Bay, our friend told us that we should try this restaurant which was one of his and his wife's favorites. So glad we did! Everything we ordered was excellent which included a ceviche appetizer, seafood paella, crispy fish dish, carne asada quesadilla and a chicken dish. The owner was wonderful as well as the servers. The service was fast, even though they were busy and since our friend was a regular, they gave us sangria on the house. It was to die for!! Soooo fruity and refreshing. We couldn't linger to just chat and have more sangria because there were lots of people waiting. We were told that they have live music on Friday nights and to come early as it gets crowded.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

This is a tiny little Mexican/Peruvian restaurant in Pacifica on Francisco Boulevard. There are maybe eight tables inside and you may have to wait. Service is good and the food is great. They serve traditional Mexican plates, but the best is really the Peruvian dinners.

I had the lomo saltado, which is strips of beef, potatoes in the form of large french fries, onions and tomato with rice. Do the three dollar upgrade to ribeye. Delicious! Had an enchilada plate and it was very good. You can usually find a Groupon that gives you a really good deal on already very good prices. Try the Peruvian beer!

What was unexpected was the live music for this tiny place. The keyboardist and a woodwind artist play music like Stan Gets' "Girl from Ipanema". Lots of locals here.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I'm always looking for a good Peruvian restaurant and like most people, drove past this place assuming it was a mediocre taco joint. Not the case. The low key exterior gives was to a very nicely appointed interior; cozy and not too big. many Peruvian restaurants often serve some type of fusion or California cuisine versions, but this place came highly recommended by to separate Peruvian friends , who claimed the food here was authentic. I can taste the difference and always enjoy what I eat here. There are Mexican dishes on the menu which are more familiar to diners. I think you'll like it if you try it. Good value here.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Peruvian and Mexican fare that's out of the ordinary, from trout with white wine garlic sauce to chicken stew. Homemade tamales, delicious tacos, excellent beautifully presented salad large enough for two, and homemade alfajores for dessert. Refreshing sangria with fresh fruit. I could eat here every night. Inexpensive and delicious!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 17 April 2017

EVERY TIME I visit this establishment I am delighted.The Trout is to die for. The Fired Fish and Cerviche appetizers are heavenly. The soup and the Shrimp dinner with salad and rice is superb. I have not tried everything there but I intend to. Try the Sangria also. Tiny bits of apple are added and it is scrumptious. Can't miss with the flan either. GO!

Date of visit: April 2017