“Quality food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Went in on a Sunday night and very quiet, not helped by being on a side street but if not busy do not let that put you off as the food and service is well worth going in for. we enjoyed the Tempura prawns and the soup as appetisers then the Lamb Shank and Duck and happy to recommend them all. Service was very attentive.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Tucked away on a side street off of Lighthouse, this place is a bit of a sleeper. My wife told me she expected it to be a burger joint. However, with linen tablecloths and classy (and friendly) service, this was far beyond her expectations! My wife ordered the butternut squash raviolis while I had sand dabs, both on Max's Dinner Special (good value, several choices!). Dessert was creme brulee. Tasty!

1  Thank Larry U
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Max's because of the good reviews and we can say that they deserve it! The food is exceptional well prepared (veggies are not overcooked!). The creme brulé was superb! And for vegetarians;if you dont try the home made ravioli there you'll never know how good ravioli can be! The waiter knows how to make your stay comfortable.
We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

After seeing the reviews on line, my wife and I decided to go and try this restaurant. What a great idea. We stopped in on a Friday night without reservations and we're greeted warmly and seated quickly. The menu is very nice as is the wine list. The ravioli appetizer with mushrooms and brie was fabulous. Very nice side salads, and my choice of duck confit was well executed. The calamari dinner my wife chose was excellent also. The side vegetables were perfect. The only problem was there was no room left for the tantelizing deserts offered. We will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank Kris V
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Arrived for dinner without a reservation, seated immediately. Friendly service. Wine and food delicious . So good we have made a reservation for this week. No complaints … Would recommend.