“Walking distance from my hotel”

Wasabi Japanese Grill
Ranked #220 of 478 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Good food, quiet and good service. I was thrilled to find this little spot just walking distance from my hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My wife and i ate there on a whim -- passing by. It was clean. It was empty when we went in so service was fast. Order and pick up from counter. I got the Benko salmon teriyaki, tempura, and sushi $7.50. Wife got Special #1 chicken Teriyaki, tempura, and sushi $6.99. Also ordered a side order of cream cheese and crab wonton ($4). Could not find the crab in the wontons. No seaweed around the sushi. Tempura was greasy. Charged extra $1.50 for one cup of hot green tea. Would not go back. Several other Asian restaurants close by worth looking at. Spent $23 for two.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was told by some people that this was really great for the price. It was average. They were polite and prompt, and the chef was very talkative. It was close to my hotel and was a decent option.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My favorite is the teriyaki chicken bowl. Not real adventerous, I know, but the vegies are still crispy and you can order brown rice with it. It costs extra but it's worth it.

Reviewed 4 February 2011

What a disappointment my "garlic shrimp" was at Wasabi Japanese Grill on Chapman in Orange. It had plenty of garlic, but was so saturated with sugar that the whole dish was a disappointment. I've eaten here a number of times, and have found in the past that ordering from their "special of the day" was best. These are listed ona whiteboard and are easy to read before you enter. If you get a dish which comes with salad, I do recommend the sesame salad dressing as I have found that to be wonderful. It is fun to try new Japanese dishes from time to time, but they should be really good, and that is not always the case here.