“RIBS, Beef Ribs...”

Ranked #100 of 525 Restaurants in Orange
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good Food, Good Beer, Good Service and a Good Laugh.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Awesome huge beef ribs, and a great server named Jim.

The place has recently remodeled, looks great without the funky heads on the wall.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Rib Trader has been there for years.The bartender and staff have been there awhile as well. The drinks are very good and very good priced compared to others in similar restaurants. When you pull up outside it was a bit deserted.
The parking lot was empty.We arrived for the show.A magic Merlin dinner show with my kids. We got there early to have a drink which was good.We ordered an appetizer which also was good. The staff is very attentive. The show was a room filled with about 60 to 75 people. It was geared for families or date night but Everyone of all ages seen to have a good time.My kids 9 and 5 really enjoyed it. The gave us a good portion ribs and chicken,Merlin was funny and got the crowd into it.I will go back next time just for food and drinks in the Rib Trader area and see how good it is.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Our family has been going to Rib Trader off & on for several years. On a recent visit, the restaurant was almost deserted! We even wondered if it was still open. The decor has been stripped, almost as though in preparation--hopefully--for a much-needed renovation. The setting is tired...but our food was delicious. We have never attended their magic show dinner, only have eaten in the regular dining room. Our waiter took excellent care of us and we enjoyed chatting with him. We hope that things perk up at Rib Trader since we continue to enjoy their food.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I enjoyed every meal I've had here. The portions are good as well as the food. They do not seem to get a lot of customers and I believe it is due to it's location as it sits far back on Chapman.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 9 March 2017

This was probably one of our strangest experiences ever. We walked into this place at the height of the dinner hour (6:30pm) and there was literally NO ONE in the entire restaurant. They also have a Magic Show in the other half--and there were people there, but in the restaurant there was no one. The entire time we ate, only 2 people came and sat at the bar. The decor was lousy and really did not match, have a theme, and seemed really outdated. The main restaurant sign in front was sitting on the ground in a planter. The Happy Hour side was on the other side of the restaurant and was also on the ground. The planter out front was completely devoid of any plants. It really didn't look like anyone cared. Now for the good part. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. My baby back ribs were the largest rack I have ever had. For $22 I ate off it 3 times. I would go back for the food, but for a date or atmosphere (or company from fellow patrons) forget it.

Date of visit: March 2017