“Great Food, Wonderful Service, Strange Ambience”

Rib Trader Bar & Grill
Ranked #100 of 522 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good Food, Good Beer, Good Service and a Good Laugh.
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Our family has been going to Rib Trader off & on for several years. On a recent visit, the restaurant was almost deserted! We even wondered if it was still open. The decor has been stripped, almost as though in preparation--hopefully--for a much-needed renovation. The setting is tired...but our food was delicious. We have never attended their magic show dinner, only have eaten in the regular dining room. Our waiter took excellent care of us and we enjoyed chatting with him. We hope that things perk up at Rib Trader since we continue to enjoy their food.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I enjoyed every meal I've had here. The portions are good as well as the food. They do not seem to get a lot of customers and I believe it is due to it's location as it sits far back on Chapman.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

This was probably one of our strangest experiences ever. We walked into this place at the height of the dinner hour (6:30pm) and there was literally NO ONE in the entire restaurant. They also have a Magic Show in the other half--and there were people there, but in the restaurant there was no one. The entire time we ate, only 2 people came and sat at the bar. The decor was lousy and really did not match, have a theme, and seemed really outdated. The main restaurant sign in front was sitting on the ground in a planter. The Happy Hour side was on the other side of the restaurant and was also on the ground. The planter out front was completely devoid of any plants. It really didn't look like anyone cared. Now for the good part. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. My baby back ribs were the largest rack I have ever had. For $22 I ate off it 3 times. I would go back for the food, but for a date or atmosphere (or company from fellow patrons) forget it.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

The food here is not good. Much of it seems to have been frozen or prepared foods. The place stays alive with a goofy magic show.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

If you like BBQ baby back ribs and BBQ chicken you have to try this place. I have eaten here many times with family and friends. We had my older sons college graduation party there and have also purchased food to go for my grandsons gender reveal party, and my dads 70th b-day party ( 15 racks of baby back ribs, 10 bbq chickens, bbq beans and corn bread, each time, place your order at least 1 day in advance and they are exactly on time when you want to pick it up the next day). This place is a hidden jewel just off the 55 fwy on east Chapman ave. in Orange, Ca.If you want to order great BBQ to take out to your family or friend gathering call them ask for Medhi, he is the owner , and he will hook you up in a great way. Hope this reveiw is helpful to you, Enjoy.