“one of our favorites”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Look At The Website
Description: Look At The Website
Reviewed 16 May 2015

a nice place, I'd recommend a seat at the sushi bar. the chefs are a nice bunch, the food is fresh and we've never had anything bad here in all the time we've been coming here (a few years, on and off). it's funny, because in the past we were forever looking at that sushi bar that just works for us, and every time we found a place that we particularly liked, ownership changed followed by a rapid decline. This place has been steady for the past few years, and we continue to enjoy our meals there. Good job guys!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Solid! What more can I say? I went with Jon P. who is a regular here and boy was that an experience. With our group of 6, I let him take the wheel in terms of ordering both food and drink. Everything that was presented to us was nothing short of awesome. I think we may have ordered only one thing off the menu and the others we just let Woo the sushi chef handle the rest. Seriously, if your eating here, sit at the Sushi Bar when Woo is working, buy him a couple of beers and just let him take care of the rest. He makes all sorts of fantastic off the menu rolls that will impress even the most skeptical diner. Try out the Holy Crap roll as its nothing short of amazing.

Pro Tip: When at a Sushi Bar, sit at the bar and buy all the chefs a round or two. Not only do they deserve it but they will always reward you for your gratitude.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I have been here three times and each time it gets worse. One person got their meal and I waited for an hour for my food. They kept saying its slow baking and almost ready. When the fish finally arrived it was so horrible I couldn't eat it. I think they took it off the bill but my night was ruined. Second time I did take out and they left out one of the orders. I am so disappointed! I ordered the poke bowl here and it cost 16.99 with tax 19$. Way over priced! I love Japanese food and this is the only place that's close to me when I work here. Go someplace else.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Ginzaya has awesome food, unfortunately it is somehow difficult to find the place. Even the place is not japanese (korean), the sushi there and the rest of the food is awesome.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have never been a huge fan of Sushi or Sashimi but had a very pleasant meal out with family and friends at Ginzaya in Orange County. The menu was extensive and there were a lot of choices, not being a great fan of seaweed, it was nice to have the choice of soya paper instead and I thoroughly enjoyed the food we ordered.

Wine list was not extensive but the restaurant is all about the food, prices were reasonable, service was okay, quite good ambience although it was quiet the night we were there.

I would return to this restaurant.