“Lovely Place for a Spot of Tea”
Review of Paris in a Cup

Paris in a Cup
Ranked #3 of 12 Dessert in Orange
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: American, European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Parisian inspired tea salon and cafe serving luncheon, tea fare and desserts. We feature authentic French macarons, imported teas and souvenirs from Paris. A little touch of Paris in Old Towne Orange, CA
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I have visited this tea room several times during different seasons and have enjoyed their decor and food offerings. It is situated in the Old Town Orange circle which means difficult parking but fun antique stores to keep you busy if you arrive too early for your reservation (recommended). This tiny shop opens with a gift store that has lots to choose from but little room for moving around. After meandering through the shop, you will find yourself in a beautifully decorated room that reminds me of the hotel we stayed in during a recent trip to Paris France. Gold, black and white and mirrors abound and the tables are set with care. Don't expect to see English bone china as can be found in most California tea rooms, but do expect an excellent selection of teas. One of the things I do appreciate is that you can enjoy a typical cream tea while your dining companion can select a full luncheon from their menu. Prices are typical of local tea rooms but the atmosphere is above most and is my main reason for coming. Food is usually very tasty but not very generous in amounts, nor was it up to par on my last visit. Could be they were very busy the week before Christmas. I hope to visit again soon as there are not many tea rooms around any more. I'm not sure if I could have made it in here with my wheelchair but I was feeling up to using a cane and with a short rest in the chairs out front of the store, I was able to find my way through to our table.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Great local place for afternoon tea. I go here at least 2-3 times per year with different friends and family to celebrate birthdays and special occasions.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Decor is wonderful as is the food. Great little place to go for lunch. Wish they were open for dinner but it is a tea place so the usual time for high tea must be considered. A must do if you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit and I was so happy to find this gem, located in Old Town Orange. My friend and I both decided on cold tea vs. hot, the weather was just too warm. It was delicious...we were offered sugar: cubed, granulated and simple syrup. We shared a tea tray with scones, sandwiches and beautiful small deserts. The front shop has lovely merchandise and the cafe is very well decorated. We parked behind the cafe and walked through an antique store to Glassell. We learned that they host a special Christmas Tea, which you can book in October. Really enjoyed our teatime!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Paris in a cup is a delightful tea house in the heart of Orange. It's located near the circle of Orange, near many of the antique shops and other unique restaurants in the area. The tea selection is impressive! I ended up ordering the herbal "Fruits of Summer" which contains rooibos, elderberry, black currant, plum and vanilla. The menu is extensive. I ordered the "Isabelle" which comes with scones, a salad, and tea sandwiches. When my salad and sandwich plate arrived, it felt as though I had received a work of art! The edible flowers were a beautiful touch.

Though not the fault of the tea salon, parking is a bit crazy near the Orange Circle. I'd suggest making a reservation, then arriving early in case you need to find parking. There is a small lot behind the café, on the corner of Almond and Orange. Otherwise, you will need to find street parking (beware of "no parking zones") or park in another lot.

There are other reviews which I have read on other sites that chide the salon for the high priced menu. This is a tea salon. I expect to pay a little more for the experience and the ambiance. If I wanted a simple cup of cheap tea, I'd opt for a cup at one of the local coffee/tea houses nearby. Paris in a Cup is a nice TLC treat for yourself!

parisinacup, Owner at Paris in a Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Bonjour! We are honored by your review. We're always thrilled to hear when a guest has enjoyed their visit to our place. Thank you so very much.
It was our pleasure to serve you and are sincerely hoping you will return to "Paris" soon.
A bientot