“Starving after a backpacking trip”
Review of Ranch House Cafe

Ranch House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Olancha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Even though we would have eaten any fresh food at this point, their burgers were very tasty, lovely fresh buns. Their potato salad is also quite good. Nice lunch stop. Packed. Pretty close to the Death Valley Visitor center off of HWY 395. They serve beer. Not sure about cocktails. Salads were not memorable. Pretty plain with iceberg lettuce and a few tomatos. We would definitely stop here again if passing through.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Just had a wonderful Blackberry pie a la mode. Yummmmy. A special family favorite stop going North or South on 395.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We arrive almost last minute. It close at 8PM. But good food and friendly staff. The homemade food is very good. Diner comes with salad or soup and a delicious corn bread. There is a lot of pies homemade too. I recommend it.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Nothing else along this stretch of the 395 and it works well for this place. Super small place that has a rustic feel. The menu hasn't changed in decades and neither has the quality and service. I love stopping here for breakfast or lunch!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

The place is really inviting. I stopped at the end of the lunch crowd and got to pick my table. I had a great view of the horse ranch across the 395.
I had the Olancha fry bread with no meat. Large portion. Beans and avocado. I enjoyed it and cleaned my plate. I drank ice tea and it was refilled several times.