“Superb flavors!”

Ca' Marco Ristorante
Ranked #20 of 99 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Ca’ Marco has become a hit in Ojai with its inviting atmosphere and delicious authentic Italian dishes. On warm days guest enjoy the patio with views to the back nine of the Soule Park Golf Course. When it chills up they cozy up inside near the fireplace. No matter where you sit, you bask in that sweet spot between fine dining and comfort food that Ca’ Marco has managed to master. The food is prepared to impress, from the fresh bread and dipping sauce brought to the table to the thoughtfully constituted salads to the homemade pizza and large, interesting wine list
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This is a small Italian restaurant owned and operated by the Chef. The Chef makes much of the pasta, and what he doesn't make he imports from Italy. He also makes the Balsamic vinegar, which is delicious on bread. I take a grandchild out once a week, and they always want to go to Ca Marco. My daughter, who is incredibly sensitive to foods, had a gluten-free vegetarian pasta dish with truffle oil which was perfect. My grandson and I love the specialty Ravioli. I also love the Creme Brulé, and the dark chocolate ice cream is a favorite. The service is very personable, and the food usually arrives quickly. A real Ojai treasure.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My fiancee had the sage ravioli in brown butter sauce. That was pretty good. I had the chick parm and was under whelmed. Not much flavor. Kinda tasted like something you'd get frozen then reheated. The veggies were flavorful. The complimentary bread was stale or was it supposed to come that way. Maybe it was over toasted and re-purposed? Service was fine. Creme Brulee was just ok. Again. Nothing special.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Yes, That point can be argued because we visited the other two top rated restaurants during our visit this year. The reason I say "Best" is the food is top quality, large portions and moderately priced. Example: My wife is Italian, trained under Jacques Pepin and has been a restaurant reviewer in Miami and NYC. She ordered Marco's Home Made Ravioli, stuffed with spinach, mushrooms and ricotta in a brown butter and sage sauce, topped with fresh fried sage leaves. Fabulous! I ordered Marco's Chicken Cacciatore with puttanesca, olives, tomato and tender organic chicken. I chose the side of spaghetti which was all served in an earthen oven-to-table casserole. This entre was also served with roast potatoes that I shared with my wife. She said they were fabulous and I agree. This was the best, most tasty CC I have ever had. Due to the large portion of CC, I was able to take about half of the serving home to enjoy the following day. I almost forgot to mention the salads. I had the Caesar Salad and my wife had the House Salad with a variety of fresh, organic greens which she splashed with olive oil and the best, dense, balsamic vinegar EVER. Don't miss Ca' Marco's in Ojai.

1  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I've been here for lunch and for dinner. Had a really nice papardelle and fish dish one time, followed up by a very unremarkable chicken parmesan dinner. The wait staff is troubling. Seems some of their employees are either very inexperienced or overwhelmed or both. Service is slow and waitress forgot things we asked for. Wine list is ok. Corkage fee is $15. Probably not returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Good appetizers but halibut special was bland and tasteless, fish soggy. Chianti at $37 was definitely bad but wait person was just, "sorry". Smell of sewage while sitting on the patio. Service was good. It because of food give this one a miss. Overpriced & poor.

Been to Ca' Marco Ristorante? Share your experiences!