All reviews record player retro feel cute hotel huge patio nice pool hardwood floors close to town the main street downtown ojai lobby vibe balconies pets loan redone lawn bikes
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We stayed here on the way to Carmel. I wouldn't call this a destination type of hotel, but one that served our purposes on the way. The room was nice, with a huge patio out the back. It was enclosed and went on to the park area where you could walk your dog, so that for us was really fabulous. Nice service, but I really felt we overpaid when I went to look at this website and saw what it normally ( and should) go for.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

They remodeled it really well! Mid-century modern, comfortable bed, balcony is a cool view, spacious, and for a good price. Walls are too thin, but overall, great find. Oh and the pool area is great. Went for a night swim, glorious. A few minute drive to shops as well.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Everything else was booked, so we took a chance on this place. Bad idea. Travel into Ventura if you have to. The sheets were scratchy, the bathroom was tiny, and the place smelled. We left a day earlier than planned and looked for something else.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2018

It's not the Ojai valle Inn, but for those on a lesser budget its the next best thing. Pool with cabanas, comfy rooms and not too noisy. It's no frills so don't expect anything special, but you'll have a comfortable bed, be close to all of the fantastic stores, yoga studios and restaurants that Ojai has to offer and won't break your wallet. Great for a night or two.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank geminiadams
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We love the Capri for its great setting: beautiful views from the second floor balconies, awesome patios on the first floor, big lush lawn, and large pool with lots of tropical plants. Today I checked, gave the desk person my credit card and ID, signed the agreement, took my keys, and turned to look at the pool that I couldn't wait to get in on this 97 degree July afternoon....only to see the sign 'POOL CLOSED'. WTH? The desk person neglected to inform me of that one little detail before I checked in. When I looked at her in disbelief and said, "The pool is closed?!!!" She said that I could use the pool at their sister hotel, the Hummingbird. I drove over to see that they have a 'spool' (small pool more like a spa) that is right next to the road. Completely unacceptable. I had to spend time calling the third party agency to get out of my nonrefundable booking and then had to find a new place, all lost pool time on my vacation. The front desk should have been upfront with the pool status. Inexcusable! We won't be going back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bikegirl105