All reviews wine and cheese tapas charming b b romantic suite water features central location large garden bed and breakfast other guests farmers market walking distance get away the main street each morning quiche downtown ojai yogurt
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

This place is magical. Needed some alone time and went on my first ever solo mini-vacation. The Lavender Inn was just what I needed, and then some. The beautiful garden was a haven I could hide in whenever I felt the other guests were too chatty (they really weren’t all that chatty, I just needed peace and quiet ), so I grabbed my book, cup of tea/glass of wine and sat in one of the numerous cute little garden hideaways and just enjoyed my time.
The breakfast was amazing! And the happy hour wine and snack they provide every day... so incredibly yummy and thoughtful! It’s a perfect starter before heading out to the restaurants for dinner.

It’s perfectly located right in the heart of Ojai. Park your car in their lot and walk to the cute little shops and restaurants, and don’t miss the farmers market on Sundays!

The staff is so friendly, welcoming and warm.

Perfect for any kind of travel, next time I’m bringing a friend! Can’t wait to go back!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2018

When I booked the Cottage suite I said it was for my sister and I but when we arrived they had no notes on having a roll out bed ready for us. Vanessa (the Inn keeper for the day) said she didn't know where the extra bed was so I proceeded to check the closets in the bedroom and found not one but two beds! When I pointed out that the beds where in the closets she then replied "she didn't know how to set up the beds....Mmm really? or at least get someone who does. There were many problems with the light switches not working or the light bulbs being burned out. In the bedroom one of the electrical outlets was taped over. . Even the provided flashlight wasn't working because the batteries were dead. On the second night the cable box froze and wouldn't change channels so I called Vanessa and explained what was going on with the TV and she said they had the same problem previously before our arrival. So overall I'd say it's a lovely Inn BUT for $300+ a night they need to step it up and stay on top making sure the room/s are ready for guests. I'd also suggest they get a carpet company and straighten out the wrinkles of the carpet in the bedroom since it can be a trip hazard.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank _maggidoll53
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Traveling with a friend who needed to get some work done. This was a perfect place to stop for a few days. We made initial reservation for 3 nights and stayed an additional 2. There was a perfect place where my friend could setup and work without impacting other guests and there was plenty in the area for me to scope out on foot. The inn-keepers were all friendly and pleasant. The morning breakfast and afternoon "snacks" were good. I call them snacks because the food was different every night but always included wine and local draft beer.

Rooms were nice and surprisingly quiet. The food was good. There was a nightly fire in the fireplace and they would leave us an extra log in case we needed it. The yard was nice and inviting. I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I didn't see a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Proprietor210, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Hi Lee-Ann! I'm so glad you decided to extend your stay at Lavender Inn! I'm so glad you liked the breakfast and nightly wine/beer on tap and tapas alongside the fire. Come and visit again soon!!!
Kathy

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I needed a nice place to get away to in Ojai and I couldn't have landed somewhere nicer. The Lavender Inn is a beautifully kept historical bed and breakfast which makes one not want to leave. From the time that my sister and I arrived the Inn keeper Vanessa made us feel welcomed and at home. I come from a high end hospitality background and in my opinion this place deserves the highest rating. We honestly could not get enough of it. Each room has it's own charm and makes you want to try staying in all of them. The backyard is SO lovely and inspired us to take many photos. We definitely would like to come back and visit again with the rest of the family. I also had the pleasure of meeting the owner briefly and she was just as warm and friendly as Vanessa. We came here in February while it was beautifully blooming, but and definitely like to come back later in spring to enjoy more of the spring flowers. Plus being a cat lover, I fell in love with the house cat, (Mr. Cat ). Mr. Cat was so fun and obedient, posed for me wherever I asked him to. Thank you Vanessa, Cathy, and Mr. Cat for the beautiful Inn and the wonderful service. Laila

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi Laila! I so enjoyed meeting you! I remember how much you loved Mister (and he liked you)! The flowers are bursting with color, so now is an amazing time to come. We hope to see you very soon!
Kathy

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a small intimate hotel with the feeling of staying in a country mansion, then here is somewhere to think about. There are seven rooms and a chalet to choose from. Ample parking and my wife and I have just arrived at the hotel and this will be the tenth time we have stayed here.

Today we are in the Garden Room that overlooks the hotel garden and I am typing this sitting on an armchair on the private balcony attached to the room. All you can hear is the water flowing through the garden water features down below and very faintly the sound of a passing car.

At 5pm complimentary cheese and wine is served in the lounge and there is a constant flow of fresh tea if you feel like a cuppa:-)

Breakfast consists of a mixture of fruit, homemade flan and other delights to help start your day the way you would like it to which I enjoy sitting outside on the covered deck, just by the dining room.

The people at the hotel couldn’t be friendlier and as they check you in at the side entrance explain all the facilities and escort you to your room.

The downside of providing a review like this is that it will encourage more people to stay here but I can’t be selfish and try to keep this wonderful place to myself. It really is so relaxing and comfortable. Enjoy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family