All reviews wine and cheese frittata tapas charming b b water features middle of town perfect location farmers market get away the main street love this place yogurt r r garden room a wonderful stay vanessa backyard
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Traveling with a friend who needed to get some work done. This was a perfect place to stop for a few days. We made initial reservation for 3 nights and stayed an additional 2. There was a perfect place where my friend could setup and work without impacting other guests and there was plenty in the area for me to scope out on foot. The inn-keepers were all friendly and pleasant. The morning breakfast and afternoon "snacks" were good. I call them snacks because the food was different every night but always included wine and local draft beer.

Rooms were nice and surprisingly quiet. The food was good. There was a nightly fire in the fireplace and they would leave us an extra log in case we needed it. The yard was nice and inviting. I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I didn't see a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Proprietor210, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Hi Lee-Ann! I'm so glad you decided to extend your stay at Lavender Inn! I'm so glad you liked the breakfast and nightly wine/beer on tap and tapas alongside the fire. Come and visit again soon!!!
Kathy

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I needed a nice place to get away to in Ojai and I couldn't have landed somewhere nicer. The Lavender Inn is a beautifully kept historical bed and breakfast which makes one not want to leave. From the time that my sister and I arrived the Inn keeper Vanessa made us feel welcomed and at home. I come from a high end hospitality background and in my opinion this place deserves the highest rating. We honestly could not get enough of it. Each room has it's own charm and makes you want to try staying in all of them. The backyard is SO lovely and inspired us to take many photos. We definitely would like to come back and visit again with the rest of the family. I also had the pleasure of meeting the owner briefly and she was just as warm and friendly as Vanessa. We came here in February while it was beautifully blooming, but and definitely like to come back later in spring to enjoy more of the spring flowers. Plus being a cat lover, I fell in love with the house cat, (Mr. Cat ). Mr. Cat was so fun and obedient, posed for me wherever I asked him to. Thank you Vanessa, Cathy, and Mr. Cat for the beautiful Inn and the wonderful service. Laila

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi Laila! I so enjoyed meeting you! I remember how much you loved Mister (and he liked you)! The flowers are bursting with color, so now is an amazing time to come. We hope to see you very soon!
Kathy

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a small intimate hotel with the feeling of staying in a country mansion, then here is somewhere to think about. There are seven rooms and a chalet to choose from. Ample parking and my wife and I have just arrived at the hotel and this will be the tenth time we have stayed here.

Today we are in the Garden Room that overlooks the hotel garden and I am typing this sitting on an armchair on the private balcony attached to the room. All you can hear is the water flowing through the garden water features down below and very faintly the sound of a passing car.

At 5pm complimentary cheese and wine is served in the lounge and there is a constant flow of fresh tea if you feel like a cuppa:-)

Breakfast consists of a mixture of fruit, homemade flan and other delights to help start your day the way you would like it to which I enjoy sitting outside on the covered deck, just by the dining room.

The people at the hotel couldn’t be friendlier and as they check you in at the side entrance explain all the facilities and escort you to your room.

The downside of providing a review like this is that it will encourage more people to stay here but I can’t be selfish and try to keep this wonderful place to myself. It really is so relaxing and comfortable. Enjoy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I stayed in the cottage for a writing retreat, and I can't say enough about this wonderful inn. The staff made me feel completely at home, and my dog felt totally welcome and even pampered. With dozens of places on the property to sit with a glass of wine, I immediately felt relaxed and inspired. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you're bringing a dog, only a couple of the rooms are dog-friendly. The cottage is perfect for a large dog & has its own garden.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017

An historic building that has been beautifully refurbished, each room a unique setting. The large garden is beautifully landscaped-- lots of private sitting areas and a lovely pond and waterfall. Breakfast at 9 and Tapas and wine at 5, plus friendly gracious hosts round out a perfect stay. Location couldn't be better if you want to sample Ojai's downtown shopping and eateries. And the Ojai Coffee Roastery (roast all their beans on site) is a block away and opens at 5:30 a.m. if you need that early espresso or latte. Only complaint--it would be great if breakfast were served earlier since we are often out and about before then, but since it comes to the buffet straight from the oven, I can understand. Definitely recommend -- but book well in advance. It fills up, especially on weekends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family