All reviews wine and cheese tapas charming b b water features perfect location farmers market get away the main street each morning quiche yogurt r r garden room a wonderful stay beth cottage retreat
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a small intimate hotel with the feeling of staying in a country mansion, then here is somewhere to think about. There are seven rooms and a chalet to choose from. Ample parking and my wife and I have just arrived at the hotel and this will be the tenth time we have stayed here.

Today we are in the Garden Room that overlooks the hotel garden and I am typing this sitting on an armchair on the private balcony attached to the room. All you can hear is the water flowing through the garden water features down below and very faintly the sound of a passing car.

At 5pm complimentary cheese and wine is served in the lounge and there is a constant flow of fresh tea if you feel like a cuppa:-)

Breakfast consists of a mixture of fruit, homemade flan and other delights to help start your day the way you would like it to which I enjoy sitting outside on the covered deck, just by the dining room.

The people at the hotel couldn’t be friendlier and as they check you in at the side entrance explain all the facilities and escort you to your room.

The downside of providing a review like this is that it will encourage more people to stay here but I can’t be selfish and try to keep this wonderful place to myself. It really is so relaxing and comfortable. Enjoy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I stayed in the cottage for a writing retreat, and I can't say enough about this wonderful inn. The staff made me feel completely at home, and my dog felt totally welcome and even pampered. With dozens of places on the property to sit with a glass of wine, I immediately felt relaxed and inspired. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you're bringing a dog, only a couple of the rooms are dog-friendly. The cottage is perfect for a large dog & has its own garden.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017

An historic building that has been beautifully refurbished, each room a unique setting. The large garden is beautifully landscaped-- lots of private sitting areas and a lovely pond and waterfall. Breakfast at 9 and Tapas and wine at 5, plus friendly gracious hosts round out a perfect stay. Location couldn't be better if you want to sample Ojai's downtown shopping and eateries. And the Ojai Coffee Roastery (roast all their beans on site) is a block away and opens at 5:30 a.m. if you need that early espresso or latte. Only complaint--it would be great if breakfast were served earlier since we are often out and about before then, but since it comes to the buffet straight from the oven, I can understand. Definitely recommend -- but book well in advance. It fills up, especially on weekends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Charming B&B central to all the shopping and restaurants. Everything is within walking distance. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The Inn was very quaint and charming. Felt like I was at home in grandma's house. Grounds were beautiful. Lots of flowers and cozy places to sit and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Very relaxing! Nice breakfast included and evening wine & cheese. Highly recommend the Lavender Inn!! Sunday Farmers market is fun to attend. Shops don't open til later so you an sleep in and or go for a hike and walk around the town later in the day. Town is small so 1 day is plenty for shopping but there are some nice local spas you can go to as well. Really enjoyed our stay in Ojai and at the Lavender Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the Inn off the street are quieter. Nice to have a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda C
Reviewed 13 September 2017

As many-time visitors to the Lavender Inn and to Ojai, my husband and I experienced
a wonderful weekend of lovely breakfasts, afternoon happy-hours,an Italian Cooking Class, and great conversations with fellow story-tellers attending the Story-teller Festival.
Our stay was highlighted by an unexpected upgrade/move to the Cottage where we enjoyed being the only guests at the Inn while renovations were underway.
The hospitality of the Innkeepers and staff made our weekend so enjoyable!!!
Janet and Chuck Johnson, Redondo Beach, CA

Room Tip: View online to find your favorite!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Proprietor210, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Janet and Chuck, so nice to have you at the Inn again. We closed the Inn for a bit of updating, but you already had your reservation. Later I found out the remodel was not going to be intrusive for guests. Oh well, you had the Inn to yourself and even more attention than ever from the innkeepers and me as well. I so enjoyed talking to you and cracking up seeing his card (which I've kept and show everyone). See you in a few months!
Warmly,