Ojai Rancho Inn
US$357
US$281
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$165
Caravan Outpost(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$197
The Capri(Ojai)
US$99
US$130
US$113
Blue Iguana Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$161
Ojai Retreat & Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$487
US$444
OjaiValleyInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool areahipster vibespace heatercute placequick getawayrecord playerstayed one nightsanta barbaralos angelesjacuzzimotelpalokitchenettelawnbikerelaxationlodging
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

We arrived in a Monday. So it was the perfect quiet get away we were in search for. I'm not sure why some of the reviews for this place were bad. I liked it a lot! I don't mind the stone floors or the lack of room decor. All the wood accents along with the stone floors made the place chamrming! We had an issue with the blinds in our first room. The owner quickly came by and tried to fix it but couldn't. He moved us to another room and i did notice a difference in the rooms. One had a bigger more triangular hot tub and a big wardrobe cabinet. The other tub was smaller and oval with no closet. But that's ok. A hot tub is a hot tub! I loved the wood bench along the tub which allowed plenty of room for our bucket of beer! And I also believe that's the reason for stone floors-it got a little wet. The glasses provided were cute little mason jars, fridge, and microwave in the room. Little patio with chairs and a table to enjoy the complimentary coffee/ tea invthe morning. The pool was great & was enclosed with lush privacy! There was also some nice mellow music playing while I sunbathed. I would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2012
ShelterSocialClub, Owner at Ojai Rancho Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you so much for being here with us and please come see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

The set up is like a motel with a row of rooms facing another row outlining the parking lot. It's cute with a country vibe. The new owners have a gift of design that I know this place will get better and better. They do have some work to do as the bathrooms, floors, and decor are not new. It had a hotel feel to it as the new owners are putting a lot of care into this place, but at this point it was still a motel. We found the room quiet, didn't hear traffic, enjoyed the pool, and sat outside at our little table.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the room in the middle, near the pool. That is a stand alone so that's appealing but there is no privacy as it opens to the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

At $190 a night, this place is way overpriced for what it is, but what angered me most is their false advertising. Although they claim to serve breakfast on their website, they don't. The new ownership is no excuse: they should either change the website immediately or give their guests a voucher.
The place appears to have been built in the seventies and has never been renovated. We stayed in the garden cottage because it is away from the road. It is rustic, but void of charm except for the garden. The bathroom not only needs to be redone, it needs to be cleaned. The small piece of carpeting leading to the bathroom is filthy. The bed is good, but the pillows bad. It is the first time I give a one star review to any hotel, but it deserves it because of the discrepancy between how much you pay and what you get for it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123Avila

We hope you will give us another chance in the future. We are doing our best to iron out the kinks. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I really do not understand the negative comments! I looked for a quiet (and cheap) hotel around santa barbara and found through booking.com this little pearl (on booking.com much better ratings). Anyway, located in little ojai, a little town with nice cafes, restaurants and shops it is the perfect way to relax and do nothing! We took the room with the hot tub and we loved it! Very nice rooms in country style and a lot of love for small details! We stayed one day longer for relaxing! At the time I am writing this it was the best inn i stayed on our california trip!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks so much for the great review and please come see us on your next trip into Ojai !

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was in my friends wedding this weekend and stayed here because the prices were the most reasonable and I did not have the funds to really go all out on a hotel. When I looked online the hotel was the least expensive and it was literally around the corner of the venue. I couldn't go wrong. $179 a night to $196 after tax, great compared to $295+. After I booked the room I looked online at the reviews and saw they weren't too bad. The next day I looked at them again to make sure and I read all the bad reviews. I can honestly say I was regretting spending almost $200 and not going and spending another $100. Some of the reviews had me worried.GLAD I DIDN'T spend the extra. Being a bridesmaid was already costing me close to $700! My husband and two young boys, 4 and 1 drove the 3 hour drive to Ojai. I was to be at the brides hotel at 9am for hair which left the boys by themselves to check out Ojai. After a hour they were getting antsy so I called Ojai Rancho Inn and asked what time they could check in. The young girl said they could right now(10:30am) which was a lifesaver because checking in at 3pm would have left my husband in a horrible mood. The room was the king bed with jacuzzi(jacuzzi tub!). The room was small, no decor on walls, floor was like rock/tile but not too bad. Small bathroom that I'd prefer to wear flip flops in because the tile grout looked worn and needed a good bleaching. The bed was comfortable. I slept like a baby along with my husband and boys. The blinds leading out the main window were gone so they only had a curtain that wasn't big enough to cover the entire window so I took a sheet and just placed it over the curtains and had privacy. I am not a woman that cares too much about those things and can find a way to deal rather than complain. But if you are the type that does care it may not be your ideal spot. I would recommend this place to a friend especially one looking for a good deal and the fact they let us check in so early! We were in room 7 which was right on the road but it's such a small town you don't hear the traffic.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family