“Drive from Santa Barbara”

Osteria Monte Grappa
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We wanted Italian and we were served it. We enjoyed our lovely meal here. Great service. Great oil , Balsamic and bread to start with after our water. Nice serves not too much. A smallish group of patrons for a Tuesday August evening. Comfortable chairs. Nice table location. Good beer craft local ale. Had the pork chop. Yumm

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Aside from the thimble-sized water glasses - which are laughable even with a drought - this restaurant consistently cranks out decent Italian food. They have a full bar, good bread, great salads and some very rich, authentic sauces. PRO tip: Ask to be seated in the back garden under the oak trees, and specially nice for those watching their carb intake, ask for the spaghetti squash as an alternative to pasta.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I have eaten here twice this year, once with my sisters and after enjoying a great meal, I brought my husband and son for dinner. Both times, I came out really happy and impressed with the food and wait staff. The homemade pasta is very good, as are the appetizers. I will definitely go back again when in Ojai and will make it my regular place to visit!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

If I could give it 4.5 stars I would, subtracting a half star because of the acoustics. . . .But,

We have eaten here several times, both lunch and dinner. The servings, especially the salads, are quite generous, and we often split our way through the menu. The service is friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. The wine list is good, and they have a no corkage fee for some local wines, like Casa Barranca, right down the street (hint hint). We usually get fish dishes, and so I cannot comment on the meat entrees, apart from saying that they look quite generous.
Be sure to ask about the mural on the wall.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had a family dinner here on a Thursday evening. Pasta dishes were overall very good, chicken as well, calzone disappointing, good attentive wait staff. It was a bit noisy so hard to carry conversations.

Been to Osteria Monte Grappa? Share your experiences!