See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I arrived recently at 7pm with a two-day advance reservation. I was told when I checked in that they had called me because they were worried I was not coming. 7pm is not that late, and I never received a phone call. I checked in and the room was fine. The next day I returned after lunch and was locked out of my room. I went to the desk and was told that they had canceled my booking for the 2nd night because I was late arriving on the first night. No one told me this was going to happen when I arrived, and besides, that's just silly. I have never had that happen in many years of traveling. Next, I had to rebook the room that all of my things were in. The desk clerk asked me how much I had paid, and I told him I didn't know, because all of my booking materials were in my room, with my things. I asked him if he could look up my rate and he said he couldn't. Really? So I threw out a number and it ended up being about $20 more than my original booking. Not acceptable or reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank veritygrace2014
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a high guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay about your reservations issues. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Realizing that when you book Motel 6 you are not expecting luxury, however this motel was just plain and no attention to detail in their cleanliness. The rooms were swept and made up but there was dust in neglected places which tells me the housekeeper does a surface job. The outside had little pieces of trash all over as well. Simple does not have to mean skipping things. The staff was super friendly. The lady at the front desk was nice, but did not let me check in early. The housekeeper was polite and brought me more towels when asked.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tarynlw
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Tarynlw, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

I was on the 2nd floor. had to walk up three flights of stairs. the room was nice with microwave and refrigerator flat screen tv and view overlooking the pool. The problem was the walls are paperthin. I could hear every word and action of the next room. The price was prohibitive. All Motel 6 advertising I had seen was 49.95 October to April 1. The price of the room for one person was 171.00 because I had to take a double bed because they had no singles. Sounded like false advertising or bait and switch to me. parking was somewhat of a challenge

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We arrived here fairly late at night, and the front desk was friendly and got us checked in quickly. While waiting the couple minutes a call came in and the desk lady and a security guy were whispering back and forth, so that was a little sketchy from the start.
Parking and walking to our room there was some shady people in the parking lot and outside hallways.
Once we were in our room, it was very clean and comfy enough. We were leaving early in the AM, so didn't use the pool there.
They also did not have free wifi which was pretty strange.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank fatkidfromcanada
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We just wanted a place to sleep. Here you get what you pay for. The toiletries are just enough, nothing fancy, toilet paper and a couple of soap bars, NO SHAMPOO, NO CONDITIONER, NO LOTION. Water system is designed to save water, so it feels kind of slow to wash hands, but no biggie.
Sheets felt clean. Towels are a little old, but clean.
TV and remote worked fine.
Reception guy was friendly.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple