All reviewswalking distancestores and restaurantsthe room was nicesan diegotilecampoceanmicrowavepier
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We booked a room for this previous weekend and they canceled our booking 2 hours before we were due to check in because they overbooked and since we "paid less" through trip advisor they chose to cancel our booking WITHOUT WARNING 2 hours before we were to check in and gave our room to someone else. They don't care about their customers they only about $$ no matter how little it is. Their official stance on why they canceled our booking was was that our card was declined, there is absolutely no reason for the card to decline, it is an active card with more than sufficient funds. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. Poor business practice, rude, and blatantly lie to their customers. At least give us 24 hours notice of the cancellation so that there is at least some time to find a new hotel.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
OceansideHarborInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Sorry Robert,
I respectfully disagree to your review. You booked a room with "ZERO" dollars fund on your credit card. The hotel contacted you FOUR times and left you voicemail about updating your credit card. We did not hear back from you on time and as a result we had to can cel your reservation. I remember upon leaving you threatened the hotel about writing a bad review and that's what you did, but you should know that we cannot hold a room for a person that has no money on their credit card. For future please book a room with a PROPER credit card that actually has funds. I cannot believe TripAdvisor even authorized this review to be posted because it is completely a false information.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We booked the room based on the rating from trip advisor. The rooms were okay, the plug on the wall was about to fall out, would charge our phones unless we left the light on. Paint was peeling off the walls, the bathroom was super small with a decent shower. Breakfast was non existent. Cereal and toast. The room was noisy... All night, heard banging on walls, toilets flushing, car doors slamming, room doors slamming. There is a gentleman’s club close by that we had to walk past with our daughter to get to the beach. If your a family with young children, pay the extra to stay somewhere nicer! I do not recommend this hotel for anyone with a young family.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy M
OceansideHarborInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

I appreciate your feedback and we will addressing these issues in order to provide a better guest experience. I hope that you would consider giving us another opportunity on your next visit to Oceanside.
kindest regards,
Krystal

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Location is fair right by the highway if you can take the traffic noise. The room my wife and I got was dirty and was way past it’s time in maintainance. Paint peeling of walls, walls dirty, floor dirty, bathtub with rust on the outside and brown in the corners around the tub. Then the hair dryer burst into flames when my wife tried to turn it on. For all this the regular rate was 222 $ for two nights.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We terribly regret that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Your experience does not reflect the high standard of comfort, service, and cleanliness that we strive to uphold. Rest assured we will address your concerns with our team so improvements can be made. We hope you will consider staying with us if your travels bring you back to the area and allow us the opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked 2 two bedrooms for 2 nights. We couldn't even stomach staying one night. The picture above that you see is what the room MAY look like but looks are deceiving! The towels in the bathroom were dirty. As I opened each towel trying to find one that didn't look like someone had just wiped there hands on it, I found a hair in folded towel. The bed situation wasn't any better. Upon looking further at the bed, the top sheet had holes in it as if someone was smoking in bed. We turned down the bed and the sheets were dirty. They were stained, almost moldy looking. There were 2 drops of what looked like dried blood, but I couldn't say for sure if it was. The wall right next to the bed looked like a booger had been smeared on it. We checked the bed which looks like the picture they show on their website. The sheet was stained as well. The next room we had reserved ( and payed for as they have you pay up front) was not any better. It looked like toothpaste was on the sheets. I immediately went to ask for a refund and I was told that I could either get new sheets or a new room. I had seen 3 sets of sheets in what was supposed to be a "clean" room so I opted for the new room. I wanted to inspect the bed prior to agreeing to move. Upon reaching the bed, I could already see the same holes on the top blanket from our other room. I turned down the bed to find stains on those sheets as well. By this time it was 10:30pm, I was tired and wanted a refund. I wanted to speak to the owner but I was told it was too late to contact him. I was told by Vin, the front desk clerk, that he "personally saw those sheets get clean". I was told by Vin on multiple occasions that it was too late and there was nothing he could do to refund me at that time PLUS, vin stated that I was 5 hours post check in time and "why are you just now bringing this to my attention"!! He also mentioned that "this is a hotel, not the Holiday Inn". I was not about to stay there so we found another place to stay The next morning I did return to speak to the owner/manager and I was told that they couldn't refund me because I didn't check out!!!!
In the end we were refunded for the remaining night we had booked. I would not recommend staying here. There is a Comfort Inn close by.

Room Tip: Bring your own clean sheets, towels and ear plugs if staying here
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank remelend1

Dear Russ,
Feedback from our guests is always appreciated as it helps us improve. We're sorry for any concerns about the cleanliness in your room and will pass your comments along to our housekeeping staff. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we'd appreciate the chance to offer you the clean, fresh accommodations you seek.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Although it's a non-smoking room, rooms smell like smoke. The restroom very small, old motel that needs a lot of TLC. Parling is tight and limited. good location near the beach and some restaurants. strict visitor policy.... good and bad.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to have not provided you with the experience you expected. The issues that you have described with cleanliness are particularly surprising and we will inform our service personnel.