“"The Best Beef Brisket in North County"”
Review of Enzo's Barbecue

Enzo's Barbecue
Ranked #63 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We've been fans of Enzo's from when they first opened in the smaller location 50 feet from the current. We've used their food for two graduation parties and it never fails to receive rave reviews! My wife and I dine here on a regular basis but split a meal to keep from getting so stuffed. Our favorite is the beef brisket platter which normally comes with four large slices of tender beef brisket slathered in spice rub and sauce. Accompanying the beef is a slice of corn bread, a small bbq bean and coleslaw. The brisket is juicy and fork tender! The beans have some beef in them and the cornbread is moist and sweet. Occasionally we order onion rings with the meal but all too often it's simply too much food. The prices are in line with the quality and quantity of the food you get. In addition to their fine bbq, they have a large and ever-changing number of beers on tap. The current location is still too small but the outside seating helps. We shared a counter top facing the parking lot and were quite comfortable. I'd hate to see them move because it's really a cool neighborhood BBQ and was a secret pleasure before becoming sooooo popular! I'm glad business is booming but the wait time is going up and there is much more beer being consumed. So far no complaints about the patrons as it's still pretty much locals. We love the food and everybody I've taken here has raved about the BBQ. For a great meal and cozy atmosphere, give Enzo's a try!

1  Thank Mark V

Reviewed 16 September 2015

The employees are always so friendly. I usually get my food to go. Food is package very good. Still hot and fresh when I get home. I went to happy hour with a small group of friends. I had wine (I don't like beer) it was good. My friends had beer they said it was good must of been they had a few serving.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Small pub style atmosphere, sat at a bar table looking out window with husband. Shared some salty fried pickles + 2 bottles of hard root beer, fun! Really flavorful pickle chips, a bit on the salty side, contrasting with sweet hard root beer! I had the Enzo's Smokehouse salad with their delish brisket as my meat choice. Amazing! Avocado, black beans, corn, Romain, fried onion strings, and Chipotle ranch dressing on the side(I didn't use because the bbq sauce on brisket sufficed nicely). Tasted the coleslaw, and I thought it was tasty, too. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would return for more!

Reviewed 9 September 2015

This is my favorite BBQ in the area. They are not trying to charge exorbitant prices for comfort food. Also a big plus is the craft beer. There are few things in life better than a plate of ribs and a good beer. They are small and often busy but that’s the sign of a good neighborhood BBQ.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

This rather small restaurant may not be ideal for you large party unless you made reservations. But for a group of 2-4, you should be able to get in without too much of a wait. Outdoor seating is available but limited and with parking lot view. The craft beer selection is nice and the bottle selection provides a higher end counterpoint. The brisket chopped salad I had was very nice and so was the BBQ chicken ordered by my daughter. Service was excellent.