“Amazing pulled Pork”

That Boy Good
Ranked #10 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Welcome to That Boy Good a Southern BBQ Joint in the heart of downtown Oceanside! We pride ourselves on fresh food made daily from scratch. No MSG's or can products in our kitchen! Chicken and Waffles and Fried Delta Catfish are some of our specialty items, but our BBQ is the best you will find West of the Mississippi! Come in and check us out and see why the locals crave our BBQ! Hope to see ya soon!
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Happened to walk past and pop in for a beer, had already eaten, see the food coming out and WOW good proper BBQ. Told the waitress I would be back the next afternoon.....And yes I was, pulled pork with fries was amazing and good value. Recommend 100%

Reviewed 30 August 2015

My husband and I stopped by this place to grab some lunch while waiting for check-in time at one of the nearby hotels. I came across this place because it had a lot of good Yelp reviews. Well, I have to say we were not disappointed! I ordered the BBQ pulled pork sandwich (dirty style) with mac n cheese and my husband had the BBQ brisket with corn bread, smoked beans, and coleslaw. The BBQ pulled pork...OMG so delicious!!!! I have to say it's hands down the best I've ever had. Just gotta try it for yourself! The brisket was also good, but I loved the pulled pork :) We also tried the chocolate chip waffle and ice cream sandwich for desert...it was amazing also! It was enough to share and we both left super happy and full. Thank you, TGB!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

We were told we would need to wait for a table but instead we sat at the bar. Food very good, rack of ribs perhaps a little dry but maybe that's how they are supposed to be - we are from UK so what do we know! It was very warm in there even though the fans were on.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Was a bit taken back that my people wanted to eat BBQ in California but ok....Well, it was good and I am from the South! The place is usually packed I gathered. Some of the tables are communal so you may sit with strangers but no big deal. The menu was a bit limited but very generous portions and the pulled pork sandwich had a ton of meat on it and a huge serving of fries. The brisket plate was also pretty huge and yum. One of our party had a side of sausages but didn't share but they ate every bite so I assumed they were pretty good. Staff seemed a tad overworked but again, it was very busy.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

We had a great time and food at That Boy Good BBQ. Mac & Cheese is amazing, BBQ is great. We had the pulled pork, sweet tea, root beer float & the chocolate chip waffle with ice cream......yum!
Place was warm inside but once seated the big fan cooled the place down.
We all agreed...That Boy Good is great!

Been to That Boy Good? Share your experiences!