See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel knows that homeless defalcate in the parking lot, then swim in the pool to clean off and they don’t care. There are broken crack or meth pipes in the parking lot, nobody who works or stays here actually cares about any other guests at the hotel, the management allows guests to stay in rat infested room and force them to deal with it on their own! Several other guests have caught rats in their rooms because the traps go off and startle them! The carpets are full of mold and stains! They scan your ID and credit card upon check in and allow other guests to see the info! (I have photos for proof!) The pool is unusable! The joint rooms have no locks and can be accessed from the other side whether you want it or not, and they will try when they check in! Another guest was sleeping when a rat trap went off under their bed! They put the mouse and the trap outside on the table and made clear they were not happy, though I would have been equally upset. I saw rats but thankfully they weren’t crawling under my bed! Or at least they didn’t get caught by a trap under my bed!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
00gc, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

We are very disappointed that you have felt it necessary to post such a review. We kindly ask that you refrain from such further false statements. We value each of our guests and strive to provide a very safe and comfortable stay for each person who stays with us. The comments you have left are not only false but very offensive. We hope you reconsider any further comments as we are refraining from making any such on our behalf regarding your conduct and behavior during your recent stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our maid came while we were out and collected the dirty towels and took her tip. She didn't clean, make the bed, empty trash or put clean towels in the room. We waited at least 5 hours for her to come back and give us towels. Very disappointed. The free breakfast consisted of cereal only. There was a Dennys not far away where we ended up eating. Parking was difficult too, not enough parking spaces. We had to park very far away from our room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah B
00gc, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Deborah, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you had an unpleasant stay, as we truly take pride in our guest service. We have shared your concerns with our team and are implementing a plan to correct these issues. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back to experience our hospitality the way it should have been on this visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Well maintained older motel. Comfy beds. Updated room furnishings. Short walk to beach or marina. In & Out Burger across Costal Hwy from motel. Efficient & friendly staff. Pleasant pool area. Quiet location at night.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
00gc, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

We are delighted that you stayed at the Rodeway Inn Oceanside and we are grateful that you took the time to share your feedback online. We are thrilled to read about your fantastic stay and that your room and our hospitality were just right for you. We take pride in delivering great service and comfortable facilities so we can celebrate reviews such as this in our staff meetings. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

You get what you pay for, I guess.
We booked through justfly.com and got a very good deal that’s the only reason I gave 2 out of 5 instead of 1 out of five. We got 5 days for $233.00 in one of the bungalows “overlooking the harbor”... kind of, more like overlooking a jogging/bike path and a bridge with a distant view of the buildings that are on the harbor.

The room was ok. Nothing special. One of the dresser drawers doesn’t close, the microwave is from the 70’s the mini refrigerator is from the 80’s and there’s no coffee maker. Bathroom was clean and acceptable but had no exhaust fan just a window to open. Bedding was fine.

As long as you don’t look outside after midnight you won’t notice that it’s a popular parking lot for guys to park in with prostitutes... watch out for condoms when you’re walking around. My girlfriend went out for a cigarette and was approached by a man with a wad of cash in his hand, no lie!

“Breakfast” is a loose term apparently... Coffee, cereal, and an apple... no toast or bagels or muffins or any warm food. Orange juice tastes like water. Oatmeal in styrofoam bowls with “warm” water from the coffee machine.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. It is important to our entire team that each guest enjoys a comfortable stay with outstanding service, so we are sorry that this was not your experience. We have shared your concerns with our team so that changes can be made. We will definitely step up our game and hope that we can earn your confidence again. We hope that we will have another chance to show you our hospitality in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Most of the time my reviews are good, but however this time.. This place lacks in Customer Service more than any place we have ever stayed. Booked room for FOUR which included 3 bath towels, asked for extra pillows, got four. Last time I counted, 4 people 4 pillows, EXTRA would mean more than 4. Grandson (14 years old) used the toilet at 2am and it plugged up. (he's a teenager, what can I say?) Called the front desk, and she says, you don't have a plunger? NOOO..should I pack one next time? I ask her to send someone up. She says, I'm the only one here. For the whole Hotel of 300+ rooms? There is NO ONE that can assist you? No, I can't leave the desk. My grandson walked to the front desk in the middle of the night to get the plunger and unclogged the toilet himself. For $350 for 2 nights..I EXPECT more. Grandkids want to use the pool. NO POOL TOWELS. They have to use 2 of the 3 towels allotted to our room. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. I do NOT recommend this hotel under any circumstances. Thank goodness most of our activities were outside of the hotel grounds. Not going back EVER.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you like customer service.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lisarose912
00gc, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

We appreciate your candid comments about your stay at our hotel. We were disappointed to read your feedback, and we apologize for your less than stellar stay. Our team prides itself on delivering wonderful hospitality, so we're sorry this was not your experience with us. Rest assured that we take these reviews seriously and then fine-tune procedures to help ensure we do not repeat mistakes. We hope you will consider giving us another chance so we can make this up to you the next time you are in the area.