See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were in room 210, what appeared to be a handicap room. There wasn't a table or chairs though it looked like there was room for them by the windows. Toilet one of those high rise things that left our feet hanging off the ground. Air exhaust fan didn't work in bathroom, and no air conditioning vent so it got very hot and steamy when taking a shower. Lighting in bathroom is on a motion timer, so that about 4 minutes into your shower the bathroom goes completely dark. With LED lighting, it couldn't have saved more than a billionth of a watt of electricity, I suspect it was to make your shower as short as possible. Breakfast was limited, they ran out of coffee and we had to wait 20 minutes for that. Coffee in room was not replenished on our second day, again probably a cost saving measure as it was a Kureig coffee maker. Had to visit the front desk three times before it was taken care of, partly because half the time there was no one attending the front desk. No off street parking, had to park a couple blocks away.

Nice pillows, probably the best part of the stay. Feather and very comfortable.

I doubt we would stay again. Reasonably priced for the market it is in, but just too many fails on the execution side of things.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank princeofwaldo
Victor P, General Manager at The Fin Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback as it will be used to improve our operation. We apologize for the short comings in service you experienced. The light sensor's can be over ridden by manually turning on the switch and this should have been communicated to you. Coffee and tea is unlimited for all guests and should have been supplied to you upon request, our apologies. If you decide to give us another chance in the future please do not hesitate to let us know of our service misses and we will make it right. Once again, thank you for taking the time to help us improve with your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Matt at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The room was small but well designed. We were on the first floor which made opening the blinds unlikely as people walking along the street could look in but we brought in a surfboard so that worked well for us. Technically the beach is about three blocks away but in reality it’s about 7 or 8 because of the railway tracks. Parking is Across the street ($10) and is monitored. I probably wouldn’t leave anything valuable in the car. There are lots of places to eat close by. We ate at swammies a breakfast place. Good value for money and good food.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biffioroden

Thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next stay! If you stay with us again please make sure to stop by the front desk to get directions to the shortest route to the beach and hopefully the surf will be up!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The experience we had was horrible. The front desk staff was very rude upon arrival. We checked in around 6 or 7 and was told by the clerk that they were going to give up my room because we hadn't checked in yet even though I had a confirmed reservation. When I booked the room 6 weeks prior the hotel. Stated the king size bed room I had booked would fit 4. Thinking there would be a couch or cot to use I booked it. Upon arrival they put us in a small room no couch. They didn't have a cot. But did have pillows and blanket. My 16 yr old daughter had to sleep on the floor. Room was very cramped. Things were broken in the shower. We had half a roll of toilet paper. When we went down to the desk she said she didn't have any and would have to go to the store to get more

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fexheads

We apologize for your poor experience and sub par service you received. We really appreciate your feedback as it will be used to improve our operation. If you decide to give us another chance to win your business in the future please do not hesitate to communicate your poor experience on your last stay and we will make it right. Thank you so much for staying with us and once again our sincerest apologies for our shortcomings.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel. I was first trying to find a hotel in Oceanside that wasn’t going to break the bank but at the same time wasn’t infested with bugs, and boy I found it!

The fin boutique hotel is absolutely adorable. You first walk into a open floor plan room that is where old fashion meets new age. A grand staircase is an eye drawer and accents this beautiful space that is set up with free refreshments, a sitting area, shuffle board, and a tv. Along with the room, the man working the front desk was absolutely amazing! I was actually about 2 hours early to check in, but he was able to find out that my room was cleaned and ready for me to occupy for the night!

The room is so fun! The room I stayed in was a king room. The door first opens and there is a sink to one side the has a wall that divides it from the bedroom and a shower. Then you walk further and there is a huge comfy bed with a flatsceeen tv with lots of storage space and even a bench to sit on underneath it. Also, there is a desk that provides information on how to connect to the free WiFi.

Not only is this the cutest and very clean room, but the staff is so kind and always smiling and trying to make you smile too.

-Parking is $10 per vehicle per night.
-common area for socializing
-1 minute walk from oceanside shops
-3-5 minute walk to beach
-safe area
-social area

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I travel weekly for work and am very reluctant to book with a hotel that is not a typical chain I trust but Oceanside was packed and needed a place and the price was right.

Pros - Very clean, brand new rooms, small but very comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were great. The amenities are top notch with plenty of charging and USB ports and a great setup for the tv. I did overhear a guest having issues with the free internet but mine worked fine.. Overall a great hotel

Cons or Tips - Sound proofing isn't that great at least from the hallway. I was on the first floor and didn't hear anyone above me or next to me but when guests walked by outside you could easily hear the conversation. Luckily it was brief and not late. I am not sure if you have to leave the maid service tag on the door or if it was due to extending my reservation to a second night last minute but I returned back the second night and the room had not been serviced. Wasn't a big deal since I am pretty clean but you may want to clarify. Lastly the parking lot is across the street and small so park in front first (2 hour free parking in front) and take your bags in and then get the parking pass and park.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Victor P, Regional director at The Fin Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We apologize the maid service was not performed for your room. Please let the front desk know you would like maid service and we will ensure it happens. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to providing excellent service on your next stay!

Best regards,