All reviews fridge and microwave rooms are clean coffee maker walking distance stay there again dunes
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Took a solo 2 night trip by train just to get away. A 20 minute walk from the station. This motel was one of the least expensive in the area. Exactly what one would expect. Except they offer a coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room. Nice. I ended up in the accessible room with a king bed and huge bathroom. Front desk woman was friendly and professional when I checked in after 9PM. Sad they no longer offer a breakfast voucher. I love walking so even the 40 min walk to Pismo was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank HollywoodRik
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We spent one night there. The price is not according to what they offer. The best thing is that the beach is not too far. The room is regarding cleanliness below standard. Anyway we slept well although the street is really close by the room. Breakfast is including coffee and donats which we didn‘t try. To spend one night there it is ok if you don‘t mind about the money. To stay close to the impressive beach live (700m) it is appropriate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
David Y, Owner at Oceano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We do our best to keep our prices competitive and quality high. If you research the other hotels in the Pismo area, you will see that we actually offer the best value. We move our prices to stay near the economy hotels in the Pismo area, although we are not really an economy hotel. As you noted we offer a superior location, and if you visit an economy hotel, you would easily see that our beds, towels, pillows, etc. are much higher quality. If you don't believe we have the best value, try one of the other hotels next time you are in the Pismo area, then you will understand. Since I took over the hotel earlier this year, people who are regulars to the area have raved about the improvements we made and the value we offer.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

If your coming for the beach, its there! If your coming to shop its there! Everything is close to this hotel whether its the beach, the dunes, restaurants, shopping. You are close to everything. Walking distance or a very short drive away.Super chill hotel, very quiet and really comfortable beds! I loved everything about this town and this hotel. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
David Y, Owner at Oceano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review. And thank you for pointing out that our beds are comfortable. When I took over the ownership of the hotel earlier this year, I made a large investment in acquiring mattresses that you normally would only find at a suave resort hotel. So it's good to hear that my money was not wasted. We will continue to improve and try to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I had low expectations for this old, roadside motel and they were exceeded. The rooms were very clean. They had been recently remodeled with nice interior and kitchen touches. They price was high, but so was demand that weekend. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel P
David Y, Owner at Oceano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

I am glad you were satisfied with your stay. The motel is actually not very old. It is one of the newest hotels in the area. Most hotels in and around Pismo were built in the 50's and 60's. The Oceano Inn was built in 2005. So you won't find any rusty pipes or lead paint here. We are also a healthy distant from the pollutants of the 101 freeway. So not only are our rooms clean and healthy, so is our beach and air. On weekends our rates are not as low as our daily rates, but we still keep it lower than all other similar hotels.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We were part of a motorcycle group and checked in on a Saturday. The location is great, just within walking distance of beach.

Property and rooms are clean, great water pressure in shower, the bed extremely comfy but the walls are very thin, we could here our neighbors conversation & music.

I'm not sure if I was dreaming this but a train went by sometime after midnight shaking the entire building for a couple of minutes, its funny because i don't remember seeing train tracks when we arrived...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marisol P
David Y, Owner at Oceano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for writing a review. I took over ownership of this hotel just this year and appreciate the reviews have been very helpful in figuring out where to make improvements. For instance, many of the reviews from last year pointed out that the beds were uncomfortable, so one of my first actions as owner was to order the best mattresses in the industry. There are train tracks nearby, but its rare for trains to go by. The romantic days of train traveling are dwindling, so you should consider yourself lucky to get this blast from the past. As a motorcyclist, you would probably appreciate a good rumbling.