“Amazing experience”
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

I love the union hotel Restaurant in occidental and have been coming there since i was a child...but this review is more for the property that is under the same ownership as the restaurant that they rent out for party’s and special events...Words cannot express what an amazing experience my husband and I had at our wedding ceremony. It was at “the trees” property in occidental. It was exactly what we had been looking for. We had decided to go more intimate instead of doing a huge production as originally planned.
From the moment we began to plan our big day we were in constant communication with Barbara ( the property owner), who’s help, patience, insight and understanding was immeasurable though out this whole process.
Barbara and her staff are truly some of the kindest people we have ever encountered.
Planning a wedding is most always a stressful situation to one degree or another...but knowing we were in such good hands ...gave us peace of mind...which is priceless. The property was beautiful and just what we had envisioned. We were hoping for things to go smoothly but were realistic in knowing that there were always hiccups, things that were not expected or not planned for..believe me when I say it couldn’t have been closer to perfection ...everyone had a wonderful time and loved it all...the food was delicious, the atmosphere was magical and we will always remember what an awesome experience this was.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is the place to go for wedding receptions, birthday parties and the like. The Pizza is very good and the main dishes are very large. Desserts are uneven as is the service.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We came in for lunch on the high recommendation of a friend. The place wasn’t very full but we were told we’d have to wait to be served. We waited for a half hour after being seated. When our server arrived things moved a bit quicker. The food is good but so salty. The soup was salty and the pasta sauce was so salty it felt hot with salt. We could not finish our meals. I have a heart condition and heavy salt gives me racing heart beats and palpitations. The food is pretty good once you get served.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

My brother-from-another-mother was back in CA after 35+ years of moving back to TN. I wanted to take him and his wife (whom I had never met) out to lunch. The Union Hotel was the perfect spot for lunch. It allowed me to show them the great beauty of the area as we drove to and from Occidental. We each had the ribeye steak. It came with bread, salami & cheese, salad, soup, antipasto, raviolis, potatoes, and vegetables. He is back in TN and I spoke with him today. The first words out of his mouth (after hello) was, "The next time I come back to CA, we HAVE to go back to the Union Hotel. I cannot stop telling people about that fabulous lunch. The best steak I have ever had"

1  Thank SignorOrso
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Family pasta dinner? They have great pasta, great salad and great garlic bread. You can dine in, pick up or have it delivered. Delivery is fast and courteous with piping hot food!

Date of visit: August 2018