“Best minestrone ever ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I used to come here years ago, and it is as good as I remembered. As others have said, it is served family style. Service was excellent as was the food. I won't wait so long to return.

1  Thank Mark672

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is our favorite Occidental Italian restaurant. Family style dining. Great pastas, tasty bread and salads, full bar. Mangia!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We were near Occidental, talking to some of the local people, they told us to take the 15 minute drive to Occidental, and eat at Negri's. When we arrived at the restaurant and walked in, first thing we noticed was the large dining room and the amount of tables they had, this is important especially during the summertime when a lot of people are looking for a place to eat. They give you two ways to order your food. Order the entrée only, and for a few dollars more order the complete family-style dinner. Of course the complete dinner is the way to go. The service was excellent the food was excellent, what more can I say next time you're in the area give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived early, and were given a tour plus a wine map and vouchers for tastings. We also had a choice of a Chardonnay or Pinot Noir to sip between 5-6:00 p.m. The host noticed my husband's cane, and offered us a room on a lower floor so he did not have to hike as many steps. Really nice folk---and tea, coffee, and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby! Lovely large room with whirlpool tub, shower, and propane fireplace.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I haven't gone to Negri's in years, because I tend to think of it as one of those places that overwhelms you with huge platters of food, much of it pasta. They've expanded their menu considerably from those days, though. I somewhat reluctantly ordered the salmon. I really like salmon to be cooked very VERY lightly, and most restaurants vulcanize it to the point where it tastes like cardboard even if you order it rare. An Italian place that specializes in steaks and ribs and pasta didn't seem like the sort of place that would do a good job with fish, and I wasn't encouraged by the fact that it says on their menu that it's "char-broiled medium." I asked the waitress if the kitchen could make it rare, and she asked, and came back and said yes. So I gave it a shot.

Well, I'm here to tell you that this was about the best salmon I've ever had. They absolutely nailed the way I like it cooked. I gather from that that they'd also nail it if someone wanted it cooked some other way. Someone in that kitchen really gets how to cook fish. It comes with lemon, butter (lots of it), and capers, which to my mind is everything salmon needs. I ordered it with vegetables as the side, and to my delight they were cooked exactly right too. The "vegetables" side, at a lot of restaurants, means a heap of basically raw zucchini and carrots, but this was cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, and carrots, all cooked to toothsome perfection. I have to say I was really impressed.