“Once a month dining at Holly's”
Review of Holly's Mandarin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Holly's Mandarin
Ranked #216 of 1,295 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed 14 March 2017

So this is a once a month place my cousin's, cousin's have a get-to-gather dinner. This March I also attended, their were 13 of us, so we ended up ordering 12+ dishes all of them were excellent!! As for me I'm not big on anything fishy, so I did not try the cod fish dish but they all enjoyed it! I will say my favorite's this evening was the soup, not sure the name of the one we had, lettuce wraps, eggplant dish, chow main, mixed veg's. and the warm sesame ball's for dessert. Service was great, flavor good, food excellent! Thank you Holly's staff!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

There are alot of choices for Chinese in Oakland but this is our favorite. Excellent food. We had the Mandarin Chicken and BBQ pork chow mien. Both were very flavorable. The prices for lunch can't be beat. I would definitely recommended Holly's for Chinese when in Oakland.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Their orange chicken is much better than Panda Express - has real orange peel in it. Very tasty and fresh. Lunch plate comes with rice or noodles, veggies, and one entree for $7.99 - very good value. The location is not much of a looker, but I go for the takeout anyway.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

This used to be one of my favorite Chinese restaurants, especially as they serve mo-shu shrimp. Tonight the food was terrible when my companion and I dined. The mo-shu contained very little shrimp and its pancakes were dried out and cold. The shrimp with snow peas tasted only of salt. (Two hours later I am at home and drinking lots of fresh squeezed orange juice in an attempt to cut the salty after-taste. I am still hungry even though I ate two-thirds of that food and a bowl of brown rice.) I will not return.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

We were on Piedmont Avenue running errands and decided to grab a quick bite. The lunch crowd had arrived from both the neighbors and workers from the near Medical Center. We lucked into snagging the last table open in the elevated right 2/3's of this eatery. The lunch special was under 8 dollars and the choices were solid. My selection after a quick review of the menu was the Orange Chicken with chowmein as a side. My wife had the eggplant chicken with steamed vegetables. The hot tea and sweet and sour soup arrived within seconds. Service was efficient and always on target. The soup was hot and spicy. The tea after steeping was excellent. Our selections were hearty leaving enough for dinner for each of us. For the price this is a solid place to dine if you enjoy Chinese food. Parking across the street in the large city lot is easy. Holly's does a huge take out business. We dine here twice a month when the palate wants Chinese or the pocket book says cool the expenses. Almost always busy but they deliver solid food with prompt service.