1,009 results
All reviewssalmonwater viewfront deskmashed potatoesjack london squaresan franciscoshuttle servicesteak dinnercoast guard islandwater frontfree breakfastwaterfront viewfree shuttleoakland airportpool and hot tubnice breakfastbart station
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I stayed here on business for the first time. Really the only negative thing was the "free" breakfast in the morning--Gross! The eggs must have been powered and everything else seemed dried out and sad. The cereal, coffee and juice were safe.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They suggested a good seafood restaurant, within walking distance, where I could also watch the SF Giants game.

My room was upgraded to a Jr. suite and it was large with nice finishes. I had a balcony and I watched the East Bay Rowers Club practice on the water. There were a lot of people fishing from the public piers as I took my after-dinner walk along the path.

Later I found our that "Howie" at the hotel puts on a BBQ of steak or salmon every night and it costs just $15 and includes salad and mashed potatoes.

Room Tip: Second floor room was good to me.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Hamburger_Queen
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Hamburger_Queen

Thank you for the nice review but ouch on the breakfast. Our breakfast hostess Maria and her team members work really hard to keep the presentation stocked and ready. Sometimes she gets hit really hard and works quickly to replenish. Our eggs are actually a pasteurized egg product designed to be patch microwaved for preparation. The microwave produces a slightly softer finish which some people aren't used to, but this is the process if not cooked on a grill or skillet.
Additionally we provide an array of freshly baked and delivered pastries, bagels, muffins and breads, 3 types of whole fruit, malted waffle batter for cook-your-own, locally sourced coffee, a variety of juices, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, cereals and more...
Unfortunately we don't have the facilities to provide cook-to-order breakfast, but considering our breakfast is included in the price of your room, it's a great value.

But as you said you didn't care for the breakfast, so we'll try harder. We appreciate your input and we'll get it right. Come back again and take another look.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Luis checked me in and every time he or any staff saw me they made sure I had everything. The view was gorgeous. Staff were great. Coffee machine was awesome. Great teas. Clean and spacious rooms. Great dinner value and the bar had lots of friendly locals. My staff kept talking about the dinner and bar value. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Danny N Rebekah,

Thank you for the great review. I love that coffee machine too. Great coffee each time and any time of the day or night.

Looks like we made a couple of fans. We look forward to your return and hope see you then.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

My first time here and will be back. Great view from my room. For sure pay bit more and get the ocean view room. You will be very happy. The staff was very very helpful.
I want to say thanks to Jose and Luis, they were more then helpful, loving my time here.

Room Tip: choose the ocean view only
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

I am so overwhelmed with the service, from the the representative taking my reservation, to the courteous Cameron who booked me in. It would be my recommendation to list your establishment among the top places to stay when choosing to visit the bay area.
Election season is upon us...hint hint.

The scenery, the cleanliness, quiet serene atmosphere...This is definitely the best remedy for the over worked, and exhausted middle aged care giver, single parent, second level s.f. supervisor to public works, really for anyone wanting to getaway.

The free upgrade and free breakfast was by far the icing on the cake.

Thank you Executive Inn for your high standards and professional team players that make life that much sweeter.

Sincerely and gratefully
Yours truly,
Alison

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your great review. We're glad that Cameron was able to take care of your needs and get you in the right room. We're always so pleased to hear that we have such satisfied guests.

Thank you and we hope to see you again real soon

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We liked the hotel, I think it was a nice value. When I booked I asked for ground floor when asked for preference. I called the morning I was leaving and verified and they asked me again and I said I wanted ground. When I arrived late that evening there were no ground floor rooms. It was the only issue. They moved me to ground the 2nd day.
The have a free shuttle that will take you up to 3 miles out and come get you. That was nice to go hang out at Jack London Square. The rooms are nice size clean.
I loved the little bar and the baseball steaks for $15 that are served daily in the lounge. We really enjoyed the stay and would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor has great walk out view if you can get one
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. DeFence

Thank you for the nice review. You're absolutely correct that both our properties the Bayside Hotel and the Executive Inn & Suites are tremendous values, plus we really care about your stay experience.
In addition to our great rooms, water views, and friendly staff we include Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Free Shuttle Service and Free Parking. We are the only hotel in Oakland to offer so many amenities. You're looking at anywhere from $30 per night to $150 per night in included fees that other hotels charge on top of the room rate.

You are absolutely correct that both our hotels are the right decision and a great value.

We look forward to your next visit.