All reviews ground level room cheap hotel on site restaurant park and fly the check in process an older hotel would stay here again nice place to stay the shuttle driver hotel shuttle bed was comfortable
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I was in Oakland visiting family on vacation and being an employee at an Econo Lodge here in NY I decided to stay here with my discount. The desk clerks were very polite and knowledgeable. The room was very nice and clean. The floors and bathroom were updated. The rooms all faced the courtyard grounds which was very well kept up and the pool was beautiful and always clean. The only think we didn't like was the room didn't have a tub only a stand alone shower and the water temp was difficult to get exactly the right temperature. It was either too hot or too cold. We had to stand outside the shower and fuss with the knobs until we got the right temp of water then get into the shower. Oh and the window in the bathroom was at eye level with people walking by outside. I would stay here again when I go back out to visit next year. Not bad at all for the price.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The external state of the hotel was rundown, cluttered, and old. Baby cribs, chairs, and equipment stored outside in a breezeway between the office and what looked like a meeting hall/ballroom - which was connected to some old restaurant (assume it was run by the hotel, but not sure). The roof over the ballroom was old, torn, and cluttered, which was not a pleasant view from my room's balcony. Bars on some maintenance doors, and padlocks on external gates didn't necessarily display a safe environment. People sitting in cars in and outside of the parking lot gates was unnerving. The entry side to the rooms face the new BART rail system that goes into the airport. In addition to the sound of the rail cars, there was noticeable maintenance on the rail outside the room until 11pm. The hotel shuttle was available and on time when needed. Breakfast was packaged danishes, bananas, toast, cereal boxes, orange juice. Overall, the front desk staff were nice, but probably not professionally trained to be hotel owners or hosts. Not sure I saw a female employee the entire time. The place definitely needs a female design touch. Seems like this is family owned property and probably more interested in just keeping the hotel profitable, rather than in the guest experience.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Good value hotel near Oakland airport. We didn't manage to get the airport shuttle but completely our fault because it took 2.5 hours to get through homeland security then our phones wouldn't work so got a cab to get very tired kids to bed! On arrival booking.com had cancelled our reservations as our credit card didn't work at 4pm (no idea why) and they couldn't contact us as we were on the plane! The guy on reception very quickly sorted out a room for us and honoured the booking.com price, very grateful thank you. All in all good value good service and good breakfast at 6am when woke up super early due to jet lag!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I arrived on a Saturday. I would not stop at this place again. Room had couple issues like the shower heard needing tightened and the tv having to be fixed, but my over all complaint is the banquet hall they rent out. They need to tell their guests about the loud music that will be happening outside some rooms. I had to be up way early and had a long day of driving. I could not sleep because of the Quincinera going on outside my room. I tried to tell front desk, they told me I could get a refund, but would have to leave right than. Overall stay was not what I would expect from a choicehotel. I will say the graveyard guy that was working when I checked out at 5 am was very cheery and apologetic.

Room Tip: ask to be away from their banquet hall
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

The sidewalks are filthy, a power washer could easily fix this. Windows in bathroom and balcony were open when we got to the room at around 9pm, this seemed unsafe. The floors are not swept or cleaned outside the open floor area. My friend dropped her earring under the round table and when she picked it up it had a clump of dust and hair sticking to it. All wall edges and trim were dust/hair covered. My bed skirt had a big smear of Vaseline on it right beside the bedside table. I cleaned it off and wiped the floor to make sure none was on the floor below and got dirt, thankfully nothing else! The phone and alarm on the night stand were filthy so I put them in the floor and cleaned the table. The shower was nearly unusable. It switched from warm to hot to cold every 5 to 10 seconds. The hot was almost scalding. The room had been painted but the window and door trim were really dirty, looked like mold but I didn’t look too close. Chairs were stained and needed to be covered before even putting my bag on it. Overall I had to do a lot of cleaning before settling in but the mattresses looked new and seemed to have clean sheets so I did sleep well in the end and no bugs! Normally no bugs and clean bedding are my only must haves at a hotel but I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends