“Non vegetarian reviewer”
Review of Encuentro Cafe and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Encuentro Cafe and Wine Bar
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Short menu. Stunning menu. Service stunning. Prices reasonable. Presentation Outstanding. Atmosphere most enjoyable. For a meat eater this is somewhere I would highly recommend to get a taste for the other side. Exquisite experience that really grabs your taste buds. Couldn't say enough about it. Fantastic. My 1 x vegan and 1 x vegetarian companions totally raved about the food and menu. You HAVE to leave space for the deserts.

3  Thank StephenCr0ss

Reviewed 3 April 2016

This place is way out of my budget but we went with my bf's parents so we were able to splurge.

Everything was really, really good. They had plenty of gluten free options. Everything on the menu is clearly labeled which is so incredibly helpful for those with food allergies. I had the gnocchi - very good! The desserts were awesome - fresh strawberries and coconut whipped cream!

If you're willing to spend a bit, this place is worth it.

2  Thank Rosy E
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Elegant, friendly, my favorite place for special occasions. I have been there several times and no sour notes on anything I or my companions ordered. Creative truly delicious all-vegan menu.

1  Thank RMSmiler
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My boyfriend is vegetarian so we thought this would be a good restaurant to try for his birthday. The food here is beautifully presented and tastes great, and the service was very good; all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Prices are a bit on the high side for vegetarian food but not too bad. We ate at the bar since it was the only available seating and it was too dark there for me to read the menus; they really need more light. The main negative to our experience was that we had to wait 50 minutes to get a seat.. We live over an hour away and when I tried to make a reservation, I learned that they have a very unforgiving reservation policy. They will only hold the reservation for 10 minutes, and worse, there is a $25 charge for no-shows. With our long drive, it was too difficult to ensure we would arrive at a specific time, so we didn't make a reservation. The long wait threw our schedule off for the entire evening, but I have to say the food was worth the wait.

1  Thank sonoma03
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Went there our first night in oakland. There was a lot of people but were able to be seated in about 15 minutes. The food was really good. I had the pot pie. The sauce was tasty with bits of veggies and the top was a biscuit that was crispy/flaky. It was a huge portion I couldn't find Ishmael the whole thing. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Herschel J