“Thai food that is a slice above the average”
Review of SOI 4

SOI 4
Reserve with OpenTable
SOI 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,435 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Great selection of Thai food, with a range of interesting and unusual dishes, all served in a quiet restaurant with great service.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

This Thai bistro is our favorite neighborhood restaurant due to the excellent inventive cuisine and the welcoming service. Sweet pleasant place, popular, but not too noisy. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I needed a place to meet a friend for lunch in Rockridge. I had remembered going to Soi 4 many years ago and liking it a lot. I was happy to find that the restaurant is still there and was even happier my friend, who is from SF, liked it as well. In a quality restaurant like Soi 4, I know that I can order fried preparations and they will be done right. That was the case for the Paupia, rolls that were crispy on the outside and filled with finely chopped vegetables. My friend and I shared the Sen Yai Gai Kua, silky, wide rice noodles stir-fried with pieces of succulent chicken, plus radish. Very nice.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We went to SOI4 years ago when it was really great, and then again recently when we found it nice but rather bland and over-salted in the food department. Friendly efficient service, clean and soothing decor, but somewhat boring food for an area that is literally hopping with fantastic Thai spots in all price ranges. Our dishes were not bad -- not at all -- but we went expecting more.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Visited with a few friends for lunch. Nice modern restaurant , there is no Thai identity here at all. Very sterile decor . The four of us shared thom gai soup ... a chicken soup that was not bad , plenty of chicken in a broth . I had Neur Nham Tok ( skirt steak salad ) while most Thai steak salads come with warm steak over chunky salad . This came refrigerator cold and was extremely tough . No flavor nor heat . We all had asked for above average spice and everyone received no spice at all , very boring . We had to ask for peppers and hot sauce . My partner had Larb Gai ( minced chicken salad ) it looked great but his salad greens came in huge chunks of lettuce. They do not give you knives and you have to ask ?? There was no flavor , the chicken was bland . The two other dishes were bland as well . It was hard to believe we had just ate at a Thai restaurants . Is this a chain restaurant ?? The service was very good .

Been to SOI 4? Share your experiences!