1,073 results
All reviews german restaurant evening reception front desk full kitchen free dinner two bedroom suite freeway side jack london square san francisco hot breakfast first floor water view the breakfast area business trip shuttle service convenient location the east bay
Reviewed 29 January 2017

The staff was extremely helpful. I liked that the hotel offered complimentary breakfast and an evening social so if you wanted to stay in and have a light dinner, that was available. The also offered free wine and beer which was a plus. My only dislike about the hotel was the fitness center which included (1) Eliptical machine, (2) treadmills, (1) bike and some weights. One of the treadmills did not work and there was a very limited option. Wish they had more options in gym. Besides that, I wouldl recommend the hotel and had a satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

The freeway noise was horrible. If you book this hotel make sure not to stay on that side of the hotel!! While the staff were amazing, the poor rating was because of the bed and the noise. The bed was rickety and the room's heater would not get higher the 66.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Darcella W, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comment. Although I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our staff, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you.

We clearly missed the mark with providing you with an exceptional experience in many areas. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of showing you the value you deserve when staying with us.

The hotel does have plans to update sleeping room by the end of 2017.

Thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

This is our second stay in several months at this Homewood Suites. On the positive side, nice location and setting, nicely redone lobby decent breakfast and very nice afternoon dinner time snacks. Staff all friendly.

As a Diamond Member we usually get upgraded to nicer room. In this case each time we have ended up with first floor rooms (not suites - as in Homewood "Suites") that are very small and cramped.

That wasn't the main problem though which had more too do with ants in the room and bed; wet carpeting by the ac/heating unit; greasy headboard on bed; TV that for three nites had reception on every channel cut out every 30 seconds. This was all a little much for a 3 day stay.

Upon our leaving I emailed the Maintenance Manager and Director of Operations to maybe save the next person some grief.... No response...................

Room Tip: Avoid Room 153 - Specify if you want a Suite because these Homewood Suite rooms are not all suites.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Darcella W, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

During the week of your stay, the hotel occupancy was very high and close to selling out, which is why you did not receive the upgrade. Typically it is not a problem to upgrade when we do have the availability.

I would like to personally apologize for the incidences with the ants in the room. It has been address with our housekeeping team. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

One of few times the Trip Advisor family let me down; not sure why others enjoyed their stay at this motel; but to each their own.
First and foremost the staff were friendly and polite; they were welcoming and I have no issue with them except they failed to say the elevator was not working...only a three story building but dragging 3 bags up was not fun...but they were friendly.

Hallways are gross!!! Smell of chemical; stained and dirty. Because the elevator was down I got to use the even dirtier stairwell. BTW the elevator was down for at least 2 plus days. After this experience getting into the room left me wondering how clean the bed was....uggh

I honestly should have checked out but not being familiar with area stayed for both nights.

The breakfast was fair at best; but the main area clean and well kept.

if you're not one to sleep next to a highway this is not your motel. Not sure why they did not give me a room overlooking the bay and not the highway but I was so displeased I don't care.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Hello Savannah2011, thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay. First let me continue to apologize for the elevator as again this was an emergency repair that we could not have foreseen. I am happy to report that it has been fixed and is back on line.

In regards to the smell of chemical in the hallways, we have brought to our housekeeping department to address the issue. I will certainly look into this as again we pride ourselves on a clean hotel.

Thank you again for staying at the Homewood Suites.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

This was a great place to stay if you want the comforts of home (with the kitchen/living room area and to see the Golden State Warriors. Very close to Oracle and easy to get there. Very comfortable and the staff was always friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the 2 bedroom/2 bath and it was wonderful. Like I said above, we'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family