“Not actually french...”

Erna's Elderberry House
Reserve with OpenTable
Erna's Elderberry House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Price range: US$78 - US$125
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 41
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This place is utterly bizzare! My husband and I visited for an evening meal. Unfortunately we are European, and therefore quickly identified that this place is an American version of what Europe is like, but I suppose if you're american you won't know the difference. The food itself was relatively tasty, although nothing like the food you actually experience in France. The service was very polite, just really bizzare. I think it is lovely, quaint but if you're European give it a miss and head for something more authentic. Wouldn't go again, and especially not at the price.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We ate four dinners at Erna's during our stay at the adjacent Chateau. The service in the restaurant is, like the service at the hotel, exceptional. And the cchef, Rob Snyder, works culinary magic. We were fortunate to be there for a Farmer's Market dinner, which was a real treat in itself.
This has to be the best spot, by far, for fine dining in the area. Kudos to the whole staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I have enjoyed a number of fantastic dinners at Erna’s Elderberry House. The evening is as if you are in France. The architecture, the decor, the flower arrangements, the music. Every dinner has been superb. Very French and so yummy! I am not a wine lover; however, let them match up the wines with the courses. Out of this world! If I could match up wines like that, I would love ❤️ wine. They are totally accommodating for special occasions. Perfect for getting engaged, having an engagement luncheon or dinner. Erna will make sure everything is perfect. Numerous rooms within the restaurant to enjoy. I have enjoyed every one. Consider staying in her chateau for a totally evening to remember. It is a $$$ experience worth every dollar. The restaurant is my number #1 restaurant!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

food and wine pairing were very good, but the service we received from erika was exceptionnal! thank you for a wonderfull experiencce

Reviewed 1 August 2018

A culinary masterclass, However, do go hungry as the courses are many and the portions are plentiful. An experience of many different flavours, the highest accolade I can give it, is it is one of the three best meals I have had this year, and of those three was by far the lowest cost.
A destination restaurant.