“Authentic Mexican food at a hole in the wall”
Review of Mariscos Colima

Mariscos Colima
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My girlfriend and I were leaving Yosemite and looking for a light lunch when I spotted Mariscos Colima stuck back in a small plaza. We circled back around to check it out and knew we were in luck when a group of Hispanics came out as we were entering. It was $1 Taco Tuesday so I had pork while my lady went with a taco salad. Everything was seasoned well and tasted very fresh. Each table had an assortment of hot sauces to add the amount of heat desired. Prices were great too and we continued on our drive well satisfied.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

If you need food fast and aren't into the greasiness that is typical fast food, give this place a shot. You may have to wait about 10 minutes or so for food, but the prices are good and the food was good too. Not quite to the same quality as a sit down restaurants (El Cid is the place for that, excellent!), but you will be pleased.

1  Thank birdsley14
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This is a small restaurant, but serves excellent Mexican food. My favorite was the super burrito, while my wife liked the small taco plate. Lunch is crowed with locals, so it must be good.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

My husband and I were looking for some good Mexican food in Oakhurst when we stubbled upon this place. We don't eat meat and we love Mexican food because it still tastes great without the meat. When we arrived we asked the cashier what the best options were for veggie food and he laughed at us and said that he didn't know because all he eats is meat. I looked around the menu, with no help from the cashier, and I ended up ordering four tacos because they had a $1 taco special on Wednesdays. My husband ordered a wet burrito and we sat down and waited for our food.

We started to look at the receipt and noticed that he charged us $1.79 for each taco when the special said that it was $1. We asked the cashier and he said that it was because we didn't get the meat tacos so he couldn't ring it up as the taco special. I was shocked and really upset. We got less food and he charged us more.. And after all that trouble, the food barely tasted mediocre. Overall, we ended up paying $20 for a meal that would have been cheaper and better tasting at Taco Bell. Also, I felt slightly put off because he seemed offended because we didn't eat meat. I would not recommend this place for vegetarians at all.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Wow this place is awesome..... food is really good, hot and fresh... I came with my 5 year old and husband also a my 1 year old baby we were all able to eat together... will definetly be back next year when we return to yosemite

1  Thank Joanna D