All reviews indoor pool extra space yosemite np mexican restaurant coffee machine great place to stay san francisco free breakfast clean hotel hot tub night stay room was spacious sauna bw stopover cereal motel
Reviewed 16 February 2016

great room, large and very clean, helpful staff. Central location, close to gas station, shops and restaurants. Good place to stop on your way to Calaberas County wine country, also good place to stop on your way to Yosemite.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Best Western Rama Inn in Oakdale
ca. We are pleased that you were happy with our newly remodeled rooms and our
staff. I am pleased that you enjoyed the fact that we are in the central area of
stores, restaurants, shops and gas stations. Please come back and visit us again
when you are in the area
Cathy Ellak Guest Services SUpervisor

Reviewed 8 February 2016

our stay was just overnight, but the room we clean and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and informative. We asked about some negative reviews we saw online and we were assured that the hotel goes over and above to insure a clean and safe stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

California. We are so pleased that our newly renovated rooms were clean and
comfortable and that you enjoyed our staff. I hope that if you are in the area again
that you will once again come back and visit with us.
Cathy Ellak Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Best Western when I traveled to Oakdale for a memorial. The rooms have recently been upgraded and are nice and modern! The whole hotel was clean, though they had a large bee keeper group staying and they tracked mud in. The indoor pool is pleasantly warm as well as the spa. They do have a sauna though I didn't get a chance to use it. The breakfast is basic, but good for a free meal.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at the Best Western Rama Inn in Oakdale Ca. We
are so pleased that you enjoyed our clean remodeled clean rooms. I am also
pleased that you enjoyed our warm pool and spa while you were here. I hope that
you will come back and visit us in the future.
Cathy Ellak Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We were in town for a wedding and most guests stayed here. The rooms were acceptable. We reserved a suite, which was the minimal size I would expect for a normal hotel room. Everything worked, but the beds were extremely hard. I like a hard bed, but this was like sleeping on hardwood floor.

A couple of glasses would have been nice (plastic and paper cups provided in room). Coffee maker made inferior brew, and coffee at continental breakfast was worse. Continental breakfast was not up to standard fare at free breakfasts.

Room Tip: Look out for rooms next to the elevator. They are in a side hall with the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

California while attending a wedding. Because we serve many people it is difficult
meet each and every guests expectations with the bed, breakfast and coffee. I am
sorry that we did not meet yours. I do hope when you are in the area again you will
once again come and stay with us.
Cathy Ellak

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I am writing to review my first stay at the Best Western Rama Inn, though due to business I will be having four more stays at this property in the coming year.

Since Oakdale is a pretty small town, one does not (or at least they should not) expect the lodging options to be more than basic. That is what this Best Western provides, a basic place to stay with some nicer perks. The rooms are relatively large and comfortable, with cool color tones and contemporary furnishings. There are only 49 rooms total, all located on either the second or third floor. The ground floor is fully dedicated to the lobby, breakfast area/conference room, pool/spa, guest laundry, caretaker apartment, small workout gym and sauna. All rooms are accessed through interior hallways; no exterior walkways here.

The highlight of my stay is actually the sauna. It is very nice to have one, and somewhat surprising considering that even high-end Hilton properties don't have these. Very big perk, BW! The one downside, though, is that this hotel does not have bath robes available at all. Getting robes and making them available to guests who ask for them to use the spa/pool/sauna would be very advisable.

The workout area is very small, but can still be used. The stationary bike machine was not operational during my stay, but the treadmill worked well. Adding a pull-up bar here would be a nice inexpensive amenity.

I got what I had reserved, a single King bed standard room. I am Best Western Rewards Diamond Select, and perhaps have become somewhat spoiled with other BW properties providing complementary upgrades to nicer rooms. No upgrade was offered, though I don't know if this property has anything more than just standard rooms. Just a small and generally unimportant note, but if you're looking to get upgraded yourself because of BWR status, consider my experience and don't expect to get anything more than what you reserved.

I'll be staying here again myself, so I can certainly say it is recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the building on the second floor have the pool area beneath and might be subject to noise.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
BWRAMA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at the Best Western Rama Inn in Oakdale Ca.
We do have a few rooms on the bottom floor such as handicaps rooms and we
do have suites when available. Our exercise room is small, therefore. we are
limited to what we can put in there. Best Western is concerned about safety so
some things are not in the room. We are sorry that we do not have robes for the suana. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Cathy Ellak