1,192 results
All reviews oak grill four seasons corner suite fashion island aqua lounge across the street bose sound system pool area walking distance valet parking beautiful hotel irvine company whole foods would highly recommend this hotel valet staff outdoor mall business trip
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Great location. Nice property. Lots of really helpful staff especially banquet staff and from desk. Pool staff is pretty rough unless you are few flowing g drinks and generating lots of tips.

Nice pool but be careful, on top of your pricey room you have to pay for many lounge chairs. We sat down at an unoccupied set of chairs and settled in. Pool staf came to ask if we had reserved and paid for that spot. Where are the signs indicating that? No where.

This could be a great place instead it is just pretty good. Work on the details and it might be top tier.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank plivingston
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I unexpectedly found myself on the road on Memorial Day weekend and couldn't find a room at any of my favorite hotels. This place popped up on travelocity. I was not impressed by it online and I figured it was going to be a similar experience the the Marriott I just left. What a pleasant surprise! I loved the vibe in this place. Though to be honest I stayed in my room for much of the weekend because there were many events while I was there. I had only planned to be ther for two days and I stayed for four including Memorial Day itself when it was empty and even better.
The pool area is great and offers a hot tub and a fire place as well as a lounge.
Also music poolside each night.
Like I said I was not expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised. I would have no problem reccomending this place for an over night if you want to shop across the street or for a romantic weekend get away.
The staff was attentive. And upon check out made sure i got the best rate just to be sure.

Room tip: Face the pool for action and the city for quiet.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PlaydogGuest1
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Great property, great location, Great privacy. Even though located near Pimco and close to Pacific Life HQ's this place offers privacy, style and wonderful amenities. It reminded me of the Peninsula Hotel in Chicago but with better weather and a far more beautiful beach! :0
There are great hotels nearby like Pelican Hill, Laguna Beach Ritz, but we got great rates (even saw Dennis Rodman leaving one day).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pat R
GerardWidder, General Manager at Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you Pat!
Appreciate being compared to the Peninsula (but "with better weather and a more beautiful beach"). And yes, Dennis Rodman lives locally and has been known to stop in. He's always gracious and often accommodates guest requests to take a photo.
We hope that you will visit again soon.
Gerard Widder

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stayed at the Island Hotel last week for four nights. Our travel agent booked a corner king suite with ocean view for the 3 of us. When we arrived, the gracious front desk clerk gave us a room on the 6th floor overlooking a parking lot - and a new apartment complex that was under construction - very noisy. While the room was nice and did have a view of the mountains, it's not what we ordered. We asked to be moved, and the desk sent us to the 4th floor. The suite there wasn't as nicely appointed as the room with the bad view, but if you leaned over to the right on the balcony, you COULD see the ocean. (Couldn't see it from the dirty window in the living area.) We were too tired from traveling to ask for a higher floor/better view, so we settled for the partial view and the cute little steam vent on the roof below us. Not to mention the pair of basketball shorts on the roof as well ???? But, we were here to visit family and decided to stay put. Outside of the "no door" on the commode area, which meant someone couldn't use the sink at the same time in this room, it was fine. What kept us there was the great service provided by housekeeping and in-room dining. They were fast, efficient and gracious. The location is great if you like shopping (Fashion Island) but if you're looking for Pacific views and tranquility, try somewhere else. It all depends on what you're looking for on your trip.

Room tip: Ask for a Pacific view but it's not guaranteed.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank HansonTravels
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, nice setting, & attentive staff-with exception of the accounting office. I noticed I was over charged for 1day of the 'Club' & it took 6 phone calls over the course of 10-12 days to get my credit card refunded properly. NOT ONE of my voice-mails or messages (that were taken by an actual person) was ever returned.
I understand that errors happen, I don't understand such poor customer service. This is unfortunately enough to make me choose another hotel on my next visit to Newport Beach.

Date of stay: June 2016