Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$417
US$248
  • Pool
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$202
US$182
Balboa Inn(Newport Beach)
US$400
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$208
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$233/night.

Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$306
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Doryman's Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$225
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$310/night.

Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$845
US$713
1,923 results
All reviewsshor restaurantbalboa buildingfashion islandjazz festivalgolf courseshuffle boardself parklobby barbeautiful groundsgreat propertymain buildingorange county airportper dayfree shuttlejohn wayne airportbay viewshuttle service
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stayed here for one night and it was nice. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
Treated very well by the staff. I made use of the airport shuttle on the way back and appreciated this service, not sure it is worth the 30$ resort fee. I really think they need to revisit this charge, I don't get were its coming from.
I did walk down to Balboa Park. There are sidewalks, but it's not something I would say is a good thing to do, especially if you have children.
I didn't have my toothbrush and toothpaste and someone ran both those things up to my room, without a fee and in about 5 minutes. I really appreciated this.(obviously :-) )
I gave the hotel a 4 star, but it really is more a 3-3.5 star hotel. I just didn't feel like downgrading them all the way with a 3. Just not what I would usually expect from a Hyatt.
It's older so the walls are thin and the air conditioner did not work very well. I was either freezing or too hot. The room blinds were cheap and they hang crooked. The screen on the window is warped, so bugs can get in. Also this is a hotel with door directly to the outside. As female traveling alone, I do not usually choose, hotels like this as I feel safer with an interior door. But the grounds are very pretty and the pool is something kids would enjoy, especially the large slide.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our resort fee does include the following:
o Golf at Back Bay Golf Course
(There is a fee for clubs and balls)
o Shuttle Service- John Wayne Airport/Fashion Island/Balboa Island
o Premium Internet included (up to 6 devices)
o 2 bottled waters in room
o Bike rental for two(2 hour max)
o iPad mini for use in lobby only (2 hour max)
o Fitness Center
o Assorted board games, shuffleboard, oversized chess board.
o Beach Valet (2 chairs and 1 umbrella)
o Local and 800 calls
o Kids Cups (distributed at the Front Desk)
o Business Center Computers

We certainly want you to feel safe when you stay with us, when you return please email us at qualitynewpo@hyatt.com and we can pre-block you to a building with an interior door.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I LOVE Palm trees! This hotel is in the Guiness Book of World Records for having the most variety of Palm trees throughout its property! 36 Varieties to be exact! So needless to say, the landscaping, the variety, the colors of the Flora and Fauna of this property is just breathtaking! The location of this property is also ideal! It's within a very short distance of Fashion Island with a huge variety of shopping stores and Balboa Island where you can eat, shop, walk and enjoy the view of the marina. Okay, so let's talk about the hotel itself. This hotel has beautiful lobbies, as well as beautiful common areas inside and outside! The rooms are comfortable and kept very clean. The service we received from the front desk representatives, the valet people, and the concierge team, was outstanding! Everyone that works there were pleasant and helpful from the room attendants to the men working on the grounds! Now, I gave this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 because of a couple of things. 1. Self Parking is $27 a day and Valet Parking is $36 a day. When you self park, it's a large open lot and there is an area that I felt was unsecure next to a street next to a Marina. In addition to the self parking, there is a Resort Fee. My opinion is that self parking should be complimentary or greatly reduced for guests and a charge for guests who come for a concert (Summer Concert Series) held on the hotel grounds. I understand Resort Fees, they are everywhere these days. This hotel provides 3 pools, a fitness center, bikes and golf as part of the resort fees, so okay, but the parking I feel is a little steep! One other thing. During the week, It would have been nice to have had a guitarist or a violinist or a singer in the evening in one of the lounge areas or even outside on the patio! Just my opinion. Would I go back again? Yes! Even with the parking issue, I had a wonderful Staycation at this hotel!

Room Tip: 2nd floor Pool View ( Near the front entrance) with a balcony is a great location, *3 Pools. The one with the slide can be quite noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 20 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great location, front desk staff was friendly, efficient and was great. Our room was large,clean and comfortable,and we loved sitting on the balcony watching the guests play giant chess. This is a beautiful resort.In the morning, we decided to have our breakfast in the restaurant. We both had the buffet which was $26.The hostess was short tempered when we asked if we could sit inside because it was too hot outside. She said I don 't know if it's available WE counted 10 empty tables, she pointed to a table in the corner and disappeared. Our waitress was grumpy.We decided on the buffet so we could serve ourselves. This buffet was just fair,and fruit flies all over the fruit. We mentioned this to our waitress,and she said, that's good protein!! We left the hotel for all other meals.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for your negative experience in our restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to our food and beverage manger to follow up with their employees. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and hope to welcome oyu back again soon!