2,023 results
All reviews balboa building shor restaurant fashion island jazz festival golf course shuffle board lobby bar self park beautiful grounds orange county airport main building john wayne airport nice property free shuttle shuttle service fitness center fire pit
Reviewed 2 April 2016

This hotel needs to be torn down and start fresh with a resort deserving of it's location. We booked what we thought was a suite. When we checked in we were a bit surprised by them calling this a suite. All it was was a large room with a gigantic conference table in the middle of the room, an awkward sitting area and a tiny bathroom. It had to have been the loudest hotel I've ever stayed in. You could hear every person walk by, talk or even drop a pin for that matter. This is essentially an old Motel, with a Hyatt label on it. The worst part of all was the large pool with the slide for the kids was not heated. It was supposedly broken. In fairness to them, they did credit me 2 nights of my stay. But they did not credit me for the resort fee, nor parking for those nights. The management was not friendly nor accommodating in the least. One last thing, the minuscule bathroom didn't even have a proper door on it. It had like a sliding barn door, where there was next to no privacy. The shower leaked, the sink didn't drain....I could go on and on. I think you can get the point by now.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank timhil
Reviewed 1 April 2016

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2016

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I went to this property with the Tone It Up Retreat 2015, which for those of you who don't know, is a women's fitness retreat. Basically, cheer camp with 400 women. I'm a mom and wife and was excited for a special fitness getaway down by the beach. I have to say that although the TIU Retreat was a nice experience, I found the hotel just "meh." I luckily had one of the nice, renovated rooms. It was a clean, contemporary design. No amenities in the room at all. Not one. Don't know if this was an oversight, or if they just don't give them to you. Walls seemed paper thin. Heard a mom screaming at her child next door....pleasant for my mom-getaway, lol! Met a woman from the retreat by the pool and saw her room area....she was in an area almost like an annex that looked like a motel 6. It has doors to rooms on the outside and no windows! Wouldn't you be so dissatisfied if you had booked a vacation at the beach to receive a room like that? Like I said, luckily I got one of the decent rooms. The pool by my room was quiet and wonderful (the main pool was very busy and crowded)...that is until they kicked me out! There was an event booked for the evening and at 2pm they kicked me out to get ready for it. Super disappointing. I was shocked that they had more events booked beyond the TIU Retreat because it seemed like the staff was spread thin. Valet took a long time to get my car each night. Bar was backed up. Oh....and the craziest thing. My last night there I got a knock that said "housekeeping" and a man started to come in my room! The kicker is that I had the Privacy Please sign on the door. I went to the door before he entered and asked what he was doing there. He said "oh, we thought you checked out and we were going to clean your room." I'm so glad I happened to be in my room at the time!!! Front desk apologized, but still.

Had a nice time at the Retreat, but I certainly would never pay for this hotel if I were visiting the beach for a vacation. Interestingly, the TIU Retreat 2016 is being held at a new location this year.

Date of stay: September 2015