“Average to below average food in a dumpy looking place”

Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur/Corinthian
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Four of us dined. We appear at the entrance 20-30 after opening, and find the door locked. We weren't sure of the entrance, so walked to the other end. Found a back kitchen door open and holler in for somebody. Ask them if the are open, to which he said yes, then tell him the front door is locked. Hmm, this doesn't look good. We enter and the place is dark, dismal, and hot. On our search for an entrance, we saw a patio; we ask if we can sit on the patio and are taken to the area. We are presented with two tables with chairs and filthy dirty table cloths. At any second, I was expecting the employee to pick up the table cloths, turn them around, slap them with his bar rag and say "there you go. But he did none of that, and as a result, we ate at table with dirty table cloths. It looked like someone just locked the door from the prior meal and didn't care to clean up or change out the soiled linen. The meals were mediocre, with one of them having undercooked chicken. We were there on a Tuesday night and the place was deserted. The bartender was our waiter. Makes me wonder if this place only does good business on Flaminco nights. But I truly cannot recommend a place that doesn't have the ability to open at opening time and to have a clean place and linens when shift starts. Makes one worry about the condition of the kitchen and safe sanitary practices.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank TraveLotsnLots

Reviewed 26 July 2015

Friends invited us there for dance...wow, we paid $15 for salsa lesson and in for the dance floor for over 2 hours.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Going like a Spaniard which is later in the evening gave me the chance to see the music and dancing. Both the steak and fish were very good too, but the ambiance and service, made it really nice. Definitely worth a try.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Went with friends but the food was not that tasty and the water I got had some black stuff which was trying to settle down on the bottom. The place was deserted and not well maintained.
There might be better places around.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Located in sort of an industrial center across my hotel, I wasn't expecting much and the decor seemed pretty basic. Couldn't figure out why they asked if I had a reservation. then the great Sangaritas came, appetizers, main course and desert. I am reading these other reviews and my experience was much much different. Great food, Great service and then the Flamenco guitar troop came on stage! There were lots of large families and groups around us having a great time. One of the best meals, at the best prices I've had in the Irvine area. This is not some trendy, highbrow corporate place. It's run by real people, with real food. Will be going back again.

Date of visit: April 2013