“Gorgeous view and good service”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 527 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Dr
Description: With spectacular waterfront views and an eclectic menu of fresh seafood and tender steaks, it's no wonder Rusty Pelican has become a Newport Beach dining destination. We are proud to be a recipient of Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 – a distinction bestowed upon only the nation's premier restaurants.
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We were a large party and needed the valet parking. Great fish, but meat options are available. Drinks were a bit too strong, or orders confused, but the waiter handled it ok. Reservations are a must. I found it more dressy than I expected. We used a blanket and the heater came in handy for outside. Some upselling (re wine list) but ok. Overall, our group was happy we came and would come again. My lobster salad was great; others liked the halibut, mahi-mahi etc.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Amazing, moist halibut! Snowy white , seasonal dish so your super lucky to get it. Reservations a must!
Hopping place. Great service , staff aims to please. Garlic bread, out of this world, but save room for the beer battered green beans!!!!
The views are second to none! Sit outside , if it's blustery, them have wraps and heaters.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

As you know I'm not big on the restaurant chains and my expectations were not high when I took my family here for dinner. I have to admit, I was wrong. It was very good from the bread and butter through dessert. We ate some fish and steak, even the apps were great. Nice job to the last Pelican from this group.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Friendly from valet parking through to all servers, great food, superb location, need to book ahead. Ask for a table by the window inside.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We chose this because it was walkable from the hotel and we had seen the great reviews on Trip Adviser. It didn't disappoint. Excellent service and food. Would recommend the Firepot Mahi or Swordfish, which our party of 4 all had and this was delicious. Would recommend highly