Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$192
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$180
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$191
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$241
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$266
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$296
  • Breakfast included
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$238
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$220
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$191
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$273/night.

US$1,576
US$656
2,024 results
All reviewsfull kitchencrystal covetime sharenewport coasttimeshare presentationmarriott vacation clubbasketball courtocean viewsecond bedroomsales pitchputting greenmain poolactivity centerliving roommarriott ownersping pongtop floor
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I don't know if it's the size of the property and maybe that they were short staffed due to being the off season but I was almost disappointed. The first day when we went to check in, around 5 pm, everything went smoothly and we were given our room key. When we saw that our room was on the bottom floor with only the view or a couple of bushes, I asked to move. They said they were almost 90% sold out. I said okay and nevermind since we had gotten a cheaper rate. The next morning however, there were only about 35% of the parking lots full. We felt like we had been lied too. I then checked again the next night, again no sell out like I had thought. The beds were a little on the firm side with a foam mattress but not bad. In November, it's cool but not cold so we hung out at the fire pit with other guests closer to the lobby. It was very nice and warm when you sit right on the stones surrounding the pit. We tried to swim in one of the four heated swimming pools but it's really too cool out there. The second to the last night we were there, some lady had brought a dog with her, and she set off the fire alarm or radio clock that went off for 10 minutes. The dog would bark I guess every time the lady would move. At 1:30 in the morning, after two phone calls, they finally I guess told her that she had to remove her dog. The second guy who answered front desk acted like everything was okay after I complained and said "Have a good morning." I hadn't even gotten to sleep but maybe an hour and a half. The next day they offered to move us to another room only after my husband personally complained at the front desk. They told us to leave our luggage and food in the room, and they would move it. I picked up the rooms, throwing away trash, washing dishes, and putting the towels into one corner because I knew the maid might be upset that we left the room in a mess. You have to load your dishes in the dishwasher and wash all the pans. Later that night we showed back up and they gave us a new room but our stuff wasn't there. It was very late, at least for us. We were hungry and had wanted to cook a nice meal before going to bed. I called the front desk and they said they would bring it up. I told them I had thought that they were going to have everything already in our room. She apologized but goodness! Good location between San Diego and Los Angeles with cute towns nearby. You need to take the limo ride through Temecula wine country. They offer a shuttle to the beach but it's not a bad walk down. Only when you come back up do I recommend taking the shuttle. Balboa park was very nice but we didn't have enough time to see all the buildings. I was struck with the landscape in San Diego, expecting lots of palms trees, flowers, and greenery but it was a little stark. The locals said they hadn't gotten much rain. Coronado Beach was absolutely stunning with the waves cresting and the groups of pelicans flying up and down the coastline.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ohiotravelguru
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas fell short of your expectations. Please contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 or via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com so that we can personally address your concerns.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

As a vacation club member for over 10 years, I am sad to say I can no longer recommend this property to anyone. Over the last year guest quality and management have sharply declined. Drug use filled the air as we strolled the property and management (night) especially on Thanksgiving, was unbelievably bad. Not only did they not have any solutions to minor problems all week- they just didn't care. It was incompetence week. As for security, worthless. If you want to bring a dog- go ahead! Just call it a service animal, let it yap all week and annoy your neighbors. It's ok. The walls are paper thin and don't expect to be moved- even if you are a member. The problem is that if you are a vacation club member your preferential treatment is being deferred to the transient off the street for one night. Marriott need to reset its priorities. They now let rift raft timeshares to be traded for marriott vacation club stays. Suprise your neighbor is not an owner, but he has loaded up 15 people into his room and you have to deal with it. Do not even think of requesting a room type or location. You request will not be honored.
If you are considering staying here because you think you will have a relaxing vacation,
Stay elsewhere. Save your money and sanity.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Amos J

We are very disappointed to read your review. This is not the typical experience at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas. We do not allow pets on property, drug use is absolutely not tolerated by any guest and we do not permit anyone to host a party in their villa with outside guests not staying at the resort. It is also important to note that owners of Marriott's Newport Coast Villas always receive room assignment priority over non-owners. We're sorry to hear that your experience was less than what you expect and deserve from Marriott. Please contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 so that we may personally address your concerns.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed for a week in a 2 bedroom villa with my in-laws who obtained the week through their timeshare exchange. The villa was beautiful and very clean upon our arrival. The grounds are also beautiful. I was particularly impressed with the gym - much nicer than most gyms to be found at a hotel or resort. There are plenty of activities going on throughout the day which makes it a nice option for families. Although I did not participate in any of the formal activities my in-laws did and they seemed to enjoy them. I did, however, take advantage of the bike rentals on site. The resort is a 15 - 20 minute walk from the beach. Personally I enjoyed taking this walk everyday, but others may find this too far. This was my first trip to Newport Beach and I found the whole area to be very beautiful. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We've stayed here twice now by trading in our other timeshare to this location. I would love to give this place an excellent but a couple of small issues bumped it down a notch.

Every review that gives the high points are correct. This place is nicely located. You get ocean views from the top floors, They are quiet and clean. There is free shuttle service to surrounding attactions...all excellent stuff.

What's not so great is how they have cheapened up the offerings since the last time we stayed here. Before you would get a mid week cleaning. Now you have to pay for it and it's rediculously expensive.. Before they had a member party...not any more. There were a couple other smaller examples not worth mentioning since most wouldn't miss them. But my biggest frustration with this property is the parking issue. You only get one pass to park at your villa. It doesn't matter if it's two bedroom or not. If you have two or more vehicles with your party, the other vehicles must go in the parking garage. Depending on where your villa is, this can be quite a distance. There is a shuttle to the parking garage but we were in and out the the villa multiple times a day with people going in different directions and the shuttle was long in coming....so it became easier to take the long walk up to the garage. If you were carrying stuff, it was painful. Bottom line, two bedrooms should get two passes. Especially since the in front parking never even came close to filling up.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cool6t5
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We were excited to finally come to this property, but disappointed of the set-up of the buildings, there are so many and limited parking at certain buildings. No restaurants on property, and a very small market place, which is crazy given the size of the property. Great restaurants off property and beautiful ocean scenery every where! I will say Our unit needs major renovating.
There are several pools through out the property which is nice. Lots for kids and adults to do. Great place for some people who enjoy being outdoors.
We might consider returning here one day if they upgrade the units.

• Stayed: October 2012