2,079 results
All reviewsfull kitchentime sharecrystal covenewport coasttimeshare presentationmarriott vacation clubbasketball courtocean viewsecond bedroomputting greenmain poolactivity centerliving roommarriott ownersping pongtop floorwasher dryer
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 4/17 thru fri 4/20,
When we checked in I asked the time share presentation clerk about presentation times and she smiled and turned her head, I asked again and she did the same thing, I guess because I am young looking and using my parents time share warranted me not being able to afford it to her. So I went to my room with zero words.on Wednesday I called the front desk to ask for a late check out due to giving my wife a massage on our our check out date, the front desk clerk told me to schedule a 8am massage, when I told her my wife would not get up that early for a massage her words were "well that's not my problem is it", when I said excuse me that rude she said well call and book the massage and call back and maybe I can let you have a late check out. I told her I would book it and she gave me one hour extra. Then Thursday afternoon a female clerk called our room and told my sister that the check out time was firm and when my sister told her that we already had a confirmed late heck out the clerk stated there was zero record of that, and that we needed to be out on time, so much for a massage.
- Everytime throughout the stay when we spoke with the front desk, it was like they had to "deal" with the guests not " take. Are of the guests".
On Monday 4/ 23 I went to doctor who looked over my skin as I had many red itchy bumps and he told me it was bed bugs, my wife had the same issue. They gave us two creams and medicine to take for it.
- I called the Marriott at 3:51pm same day and a man put me on hold for 5 mins to wait for asm Heather only to be directed to her voice mail, I left a message.
-Jacob the resorts director of Loss Prevention called back and 4:06 pm and was rude on asking the same question multiple times, it seemed like he was interrogating me vs sounding at all concerned...
- heather never called me back
- I was so upset that no one cared that I called Tina at 10:39pm and she told me sorry 3 times and was the first person that cared or had good service, she offered me "a few Amex gift cards" but told her I would wait as I wanted to see what Jacob and the report had to say. She told me heather would call the next day and they it does not matter if I were a Marriott rewards member or not, that service should not have been this poor, finally someone got it...
-At 7:41pm on Tuesday 4/23 I sent an email to Marriott corp
-George GM at the resort called and asked how I am and told me the process, told me that I will get a result from the hotel by Saturday but Tuesday at the latest... Told me to call him with any accommodation needs...949-464-6100, direct line, I guess the report can not do any inspection until the current guest checks out. So they wait an entire week to do an inspection on it and the current guests stay in a room that possibly had bed bugs, great policy.
-Called 5/1/12 Tuesday at 2:11p spoke with George's assist. Who left a message for him to call me...Susan
- he did not call back same day
- called me back wed 5/2 at 1pm, told me report was negative and I could wait for insurance company to call me back in 1-2 weeks then submit my kaiser report but then wait  for weeks to monthes to hear what they want. I told him I didn't want to take it that far but was really upset about the process and that it took 8 days for the inspection and that everyone in the hotel was rude to us. He told me he would take care of us if we ever wanted to stay there, I told him no thank you I don't ever want to deal with that front desk or go back to a hotel that I know my wife and I got bed bugs from. He told me we would have a nice room and free lunch. I told him no thank you. He offered me one $100 gift card and I told him that the self satisfaction of expressing my experiance was worth well more then that. I told him the only thing i would be interested in was replacing our bad stay with a good one. He said he would see what I could do And call me back.
- he called back at 3:00pm and asked if I was interested in the Vacavill Courtyard whih is 20 minutes from my house in Martinez, Ca. I told him no thank you but appreciated the offer.
- 5/3 Susan the ASM called me 10am and offered me a courtyard weekend stay at Vallejo and told me they would take care of us. I told her i would discuss it with my wife.
- I asked my wife about it and she said that she did not want to stay at a Marriott ever again and we can easily go stay at the Hilton down the street then drive ten minutes away and stay in Vallejo.
- I called Susan back and told her my wife's feelings. She told me that they had called old friends that had previously worked at their resort and there was nothing available. I told her that it seams as if they dont want to try to make up their horrible stay by calling old friends for a favor. Sounds like they do not want to let anyone above them to find out about their service or claim. She said she would call me back.
- George the GM called me back within 5 minutes with a stern tone telling me he tried and that he suggested again and again to go down the insurance claims avenue which I told him I do not want to deal with. I told him that this has gone on way too long and that I just wanted it over with it. He told me to "do what I needed to do" said have a nice day and hung up on me while I was still trying to ask another question.

I sent numerous emails to Marriott corp with this and pictures but they replied to it twice stating I could have a gift card or free Vallejo stay or do the insurance thing. When I told them I would do the insurance claim, they told me someone from Liberty Mutual would call me but never did. I do not want to do any insurance claim. Then weeks later I asked for an update with the email Marriott member I was working with and he sent me a confidential picture o someone else's case and later asked me to " delete that previous email". How unorganized is this company. All I wanted was for someone to care from Marriott but no one really did. I though if they could replace my horrid stay with a nice one then I could convince my wife and I that Marriott was pleasurable. This is my first time writing a poor review or dealing with service this bad, hope noone else has to " deal " with this resort....

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Kraig4444
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

It's disappointing to read your comments and I regret that we did not deliver the Marriott service you expect and deserve. Due to the size of the villa and a 4 pm promised check-in for our arriving guests, the resort must maintain the 10 am check-out. As you can imagine, cleaning a 2-bedroom/2 bathroom villa with a full kitchen to Marriott's standards of cleanliness takes time to complete. However, it's disappointing to hear that you received conflcting information. Regarding your bed-bug claim, please know that your villa was immediately inspected when the resort received your call and it was determined there was not a case of bed-bugs. Should bed-bugs have been found in the villa, it would have been immediately shut down and treated. The delay you experience was in receiving the report from Ecolab. While there is no excuse for the service you received from George, he is not the resort General Manager. George is the front office manager. During your stay our General Manager was not aware of your concerns. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact us via email at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

i arrived late expected room service, had to ask to be shown to room, rooms are dark and dreary, carpet was musty, almost had asthma attack. ps i was not.. asked to go on tour, probably because you must have a spouse to go. women alone, go elsewhere! make sure you pick up a car at airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank linda h
Reviewed 15 July 2012

As a Marriott Vacation Club owner I know what to expect when staying at one of the locations. Remember it is a timeshare not a full service resort. Once you are up to speed with that reality you can enjoy what is provided. That being said Marriott does a great job of making their timeshares as close to a resort as you get while still staying in a villa.

As is often the case you are at the mercy of chance in getting your villa assignment. As owners, we have been very lucky when staying at other MVCI locations (Hawaii/Tahoe/Myrtle Beach), but that was not the case here. The villa was the same type found at most (nice & comfortable for a family of four) , however the location of the villa was one of the worst I had ever stayed. We had a first floor villa with a "spectacular" view of a service road, eucalyptus trees and the fence to the 2nd hole of Pelican Hill-South. Dark & Noisy, felt like we were in the basement. Underwhelming to say the least. This a big property, higher floor and higher buildings will give you a better view.

If the villa location was the worst part of the stay, there were plenty of postives to look forward to. The pools were very nice and there were many activites for the kids. Our kids (7&9) had a great time with the pools, activites such as ping-pong, basketball, shuffleboard, teatherball, etc. They had fun contests for guests throughout the day and evening every day.

I found the staff to be very friendly across the board. Check-in was organized. There was quite a queue of vehicles upon arrival, but they moved through promptly. We had an issue with the A/C in our, aforementioned dark/noisy/basement, villa. Staff responded within 10 minutes and solved the problem quickly. Kids enjoyed the staff in the Kids Activity Center, they were very nice.

The resort is close to many wonderful places, but all require either a car or an hourly shuttle from the resort. Crystal Cove State Park was beautiful, saw dolphins and had a great time. Be prepared for some serious schlepping to/from car/shuttle as the beach is found at the bottom of a long path from the bluff/cliff. Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are each 5 minute drives away, both are fun in their own way. Made it to Disneyland and an Angels game, both were about 25 minutes away (or 2 hours if you catch traffic)

Overall, it is a nice resort. Not great. Most of the other MVCI resorts have prime locations on site. This required a little work to get to the prime locations. Felt more like a timeshare than any of the other MVCI places I have stayed. Be prepared to do a lot of walking/driving.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the higher buildings give you a chance of an ocean view.
1  Thank Deacons91
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I thought from the pictures this place would feel like a large hotel suite but it felt more like a private condominium. We loved this place and the pictures didn't do it justice. Hope to go back! The only thing complaint we had was that the staff in registration were not helpful when asked advice about the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at this property for three nights with my family (kids 9 and 6) on a Marriott Travel Club promotional deal. Stay for next to nothing in return attend their timeshare presentation. The Regular room rate is close 500-600 a night, no way I would pay this much to stay here, but was well worth the price (half of one night) for our three night stay and hour of time given up to hear their pitch.
Property is HUGE, 70+ acres and a hike to them main pool area from just about anyplace on site. Villas are nicely furnished with very comfortable beds. You can read the other reviews as they are accurate in regards to room lay out and function.
Like others have said did not like the 4pm check in and 10 am check out....basically lose an entire day at the property with that policy. Staff were very nice and didn't have any bad experiences as has been mentioned by some others. We used the washer and dryer and discovered that the dryer sounded like a train, as the drum was broken. Called engineering and they were out the next morning to repair. Very timely and problem fixed. Thank you Felipe for calling in advance to make sure we were ok to have you come repair the dryer. That was a nice touch.
The property was booked full and so was the pools during our visit. We enjoyed prompt service from pool and bar staff and enjoyed our time.
Only real disappointment was the lack of clarity provided at check in regarding the property. I was given a folder and told, make sure you read everything in here as it will tell you everything you need to know about our property. Took us a bit to get our bearings and figure out how to walk around.
We did use the out door Gas BBQ's which are provided throughout the campus and worked fine.

As others have said the Crystal Cove State park was great. Marriott has a shuttle that goes every hour or you can park your car for 15 bucks at the park. Be warned its a hike to the beach from the parking lot, but they do have an area you can drop folks off and then only have the driver do the hike (like me!).
The time share presentation was not pressure packed, and only took one hour. We were polite, but declined to buy, staff respected that and did not push. A nice touch by Marriott.
While we thought the property was nice, we did not like how far away it was from the beach and effort that needed to occur to get to the beach. Its a very nice property, but not one that my family would probably ever visit again. NO knock on Marriott, just wasn't our favorite Marriott property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close the main pool and hotel lobby, otherwise its a hike.
1  Thank Donald D