All reviewsclose to the airportjohn wayne airportfull size fridgesmall kitchenbusiness areamorning breakfasthome away from homestaff was friendly and helpfulfree breakfast isuc irvineroom was largeper nightdinnerwareucicleanlinessconvenience
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Very clean and nice . I got there very early because I had booked a super early flight. I asked if they were able to check me in. The girl at the desk was very nice and she looked and upgraded my room so I could check in early. That was a blessing because I didn't have a car so I didn't have anywhere else to go. I got to my room and it was nice and clean. I really enjoyed staying here. Staff is super nice and courteous. And I loved the fact that they have toiletries for free if you ask. Thank you for a great stay!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for posting a review so future travelers can read about your pleasant experience here at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read that you liked our well-kept property, courteous associates who took great care of you, as well as your clean & comfortable room. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I booked based on my experience with another Extended Stay property in San Diego that was fantastic. I was lured by good rate, convenience to the airport, free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast.

I should have read the ratings and seen the number of "stars". Beware!!

The breakfast consists of packages of instant oatmeal... that you take back to your own microwave, packaged muffins and granola bars. OK... "grab and go" as they say. I could also grab cooked oatmeal and fresh fruit and yogurt.

The room is ugly, uncarpeted, with no floor rugs, and there is a horrible odor of male cologne that I can't get rid of. I have reported the smell and no one seems to care about it. I was handed some fabric Fabreeze which does nothing to stop the smell in the air. At least one light fixture is out, and I hesitate to call anyone because I don't want to raise my expectations that someone will actually show up to help.

The closet is... NOT a closet big closet... meager really, with four plastic hangers. And, the kitchen is like my first apartment in college... the kind of place you will only rent as a very, very poor student. They call my room a King suite.

There are no counters in the bathroom. None. Fortunately, there was a table that I could actually move into the bathroom to hold my belongings. Otherwise, EVERYTHING you take to the bathroom would have to sit on the floor. OK, maybe room for a toothbrush on the small pedestal sink.

I can hear the people walking around upstairs, and hear the people in the room next-door. Fortunately, people are not being loud or crazy late at night!

Just a really horrible, depressing experience. AND, the wifi is unsecured and too weak to watch anything streaming online.

The outside is attractive, the parking plentiful, the drive to the airport VERY easy, and there are several places to eat a few blocks away in several directors.

Room Tip: No suggestions at this time. Do ask about the size of the closet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The incidents you highlighted in your review are very concerning and we regret the inconvenience they caused. This is not the type of service our hotel is known for, and we extend our apologies. Please be assured that we are taking steps to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. We are confident you will have a much more positive experience on a return visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The rooms are comfortable and the staff is friendly.. There is one shining star among the staff... Caitlin... She is amazing... I stay there often and she remembers my name, remembers what room i stayed in last visit, and asks me if I would like the same room.. She is not there enough in my opinion..She gives Ritz Customer Service.. You heard right... Ritz Customer Service...
I would like to have a better breakfast choice other than Oatmeal and Granola Bars.. And use some air fresheners in the hallways as smelling peoples cooking is not appealing to me... No Wolfgang Pucks staying there that's for sure.. Other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Ange, thank you for being loyal towards Extended Stay America and for sharing your experience. We are glad to know you had a good time here and were impressed with the service provided by Caitlin. Your compliments will be shared with her for a job well done. We also appreciate your observation and have taken a note of the same. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Nice room, friendly staff, and good price for the location in Orange County. Hotel is well located with quick and easy access to John Wayne/Orange County airport and the 405 and provides plenty of free self parking. Also close to Fashion Island and the Irvine area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Patrick, thank you for sharing your wonderful review of Extended Stay America. We are delighted to read our location was ideal for your trip and that you enjoyed our courteous service as well as the great value we offer. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit this area.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Don't be fooled by the fact that people say it's in a good location because I've been to other hotels that are cheaper and are in better areas. The room smells bad and the bathroom always smells like smoke cigarettes which doesn't go. The breakfast is just a drink and a snack which isn't a breakfast to me. The whole point was the kitchen and even the hob was so weak and took an hour to boil some water. Pillows were so flat that my neck started to become stiff. Don't even provide proper toilet amenities just a bar of soap. The windows were very stiff too and being in a hot country keeping the air con on is a must however it gave off a sickly smell I couldn't keep it on. The lighting was also very poor - not all the lights worked and the ones that did were very weak. Some staff were respectful and some disrespectful. Usually I don't bother with reviews but I wish I believed other people's disappointed reviews! I had to move after the second day as I couldn't handle it increasing my holiday costs by more than I wanted. I won't be giving them another chance as it seems this is only me who thinks this.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marz949
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Marz, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity so that we can regain your confidence in us.