1,741 results
All reviews coliseum pool villa pool golf course butler service ocean view bungalow coliseum restaurant north villas andrea restaurant golf club gelato gas fireplace private patio the ritz huge bathroom pool service four seasons turn down service
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Absolutely incredible stay. It's pricey. But well worth it. The restaurants were great. Service was excellent. An amazing spa that complimentary except for massages. The golf course is an experience you'll never forget. We did not spend time at the pool, but just the view was relaxing. Complimentary shuttles within the property. For traveling outside the property, uber rides were $5-$10. The bungalows were really comfortable. Gas fireplaces with timers. Great beds. Private balconies. I could go on.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving is when I had a not so great experience with the front desk not provided the customer service I expected. Then bc I was in a villa I had to go to a different area which is when I didn't have a pleasant experience with the valet. I was recovering from back surgery and they made me feel like it was such an inconvenience to take me to my villa and help me with bags.

The villa is amazing with fluffy robes and slippers wonderful products in the bathroom. The butler service was helpful. Unfortunately at lunch the bar restaurant gave me dirty utensils and water glass. It happens but still.

Upon checkout I couldn't find anyone to open the heavy door at the main entrance and had to wait some time for my car.

I'm sure these are one off instances but for all of these happen to me and while I'm in a back brace was not cool.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Pelican_Hill_Resort, President at The Resort at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Thank you for visiting The Villas at Pelican Hill and taking the time to share your feedback with us. I’m disappointed that our team did not provide outstanding service throughout your stay, especially as you were visiting us to rest and recover from your surgery. I apologize that our valet and front desk teams were not more attentive during your check-in and check-out experience, and I’ve also addressed your comments about the dirty utensils and glass with the Villa Clubhouse management. I’d like to take this opportunity to have our Villas General Manager connect with you to discuss your concerns in more detail, and I have provided his contact info in a private message. I truly appreciate you sharing your experience, and we look forward to connecting with you soon.

Kind regards,

Ralph Grippo
President, Irvine Company Resort Properties

Reviewed 21 January 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Resort at Pelican Hill recently for business meetings I had at location. My first response is WOW. This place is amazing. Not cheap but amazing. We had over 1,600 square foot bungalow with great views and two bathrooms. The room was very private with large patio. The room did not have kitchenettes - you have to stay in villas to get that. The location is walking distance to ocean. There are shuttles that transport you around property and will take you to close places. The prices at restaurants and bars are not cheap. There is great pool which is heated. Concierge services will do many things for you. We were very fortunate to stay at resort and loved every minute of it. We did not want to leave.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I arrived on a Sunday for a conference, with some vague expectations that this looked like a nice place at least online. Immediately on arrival, the look and feel of the Resort reminded me of Northern Italy, not only from the Villa like bungalows, but the foliage and hillside placement of of the property. Pictures do not do it justice, and there is no bad view from any spot as a walk around revealed beauty of this place. The Zen of the ambiance followed me everywhere from the conference rooms, down to Crystal Cove and to the patio off of the main lobby where I sat and watched a hummingbird as I drank glass of wine. My bungalow was lovely with its fire place and quiet privacy looking out over trees and the ocean in the distance. Pricey? Yes, but worth every penny for the service, exquisite location, and amenities included in the resort fee. Don't skip the use of the gym or Spa facility, even if you don't get a treatment. The use of these amenities are value added and paid for by the resort fee. The staff were all excellent, and a special nod to Carol, who gave me a wonderful facial.Definitely going back for a vacation next time!

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Stayed many times. Both on business and with family.
This is a much nicer stat than the Ritz Carlton, the St Regis or the Montage which are all close by. The 'rooms' are in fact mini villas/bungalows. Huge comfortable beds. All with fantastic massive bath tubs. Nice private balconies, bigh ceilings, all mod cons etc etc. It was wet and cold when I was there..the in room fireplace was just the ticket.
In summer the pool is the best. I have always found the restaurant very 'meh..'..but pool service is very good. Golf course is crazy expensive.
The rates tend to fluctuate significantly but if you can get a deal, there is nowhere better. Free parking too..
Will continue to return.