“I'm not impressed.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I went to this restaurant early on, and I'm stunned that it is still open and thriving. I found the meals I had were certainly edible and reasonably well prepared, but were pedestrian. I've had better sushi. I've had better sashimi, and traditional cooked Japanese dinners. Cost is slightly above average. I far prefer Sushi Oaks, Minato, Tomodachi (NP, WLV and especially SV---none are related by ownership, I don't believe) and the Japanese restaurant in Dos Vientos in its shopping center, if it's still there. I was last there over a year ago. Sushi Yusho is average. You may well like it. But it doesn't represent the pinnacle of what is available in Thousand Oaks.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We ended up in this restaurant because it was close to our hotel. What a good surprise. The fish is very good, the menu is different from other sushi places. And special dishes are prepared on top of the regular menu. Steve, the chef, is preparing the food in front of you. Try this restaurant, you will. It be disappointed.

1  Thank Catwallon
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I usually have lunch here, though I do come for dinner with my husband. Great fresh fish. The chef only has the fish that is fresh that day...

1  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Unlike another...fresh off the boats!
Steve and his daughter are the best crew,
Make you feel at home.
Always have what you want, if not they will order it for you with a smile
See you there soon ~
Bunnie

1  Thank Bunnie L
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This family-owned restaurant has the freshest sushi. It is consistently good. The owners and other servers are friendly people and welcoming.